+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
I still only see the below... and mine was one of the first 20 to arrive the morning of January 2nd.

"On-Line Services

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on January 2, 2014."

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys. I applied for my parents this year, application reached cpc jan 4th.
I used my credit card for payment. Only problem is that my credit card expires in may this year, and cic requires atleast 9 month of validity on card.
I am really confused now.. what do you guys think, they going to reject just because of this reason ??
Or is there still some hope ??

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Gsingh88 said:
Hey guys. I applied for my parents this year, application reached cpc jan 4th.
I used my credit card for payment. Only problem is that my credit card expires in may this year, and cic requires atleast 9 month of validity on card.
I am really confused now.. what do you guys think, they going to reject just because of this reason ??
Or is there still some hope ??
Call and speak to your bank, see what they say.
If you knew about this requirement, and you still gave them that card? Why didn't you request a new card BEFORE sending in the application, surely the bank can approve such a request. Or could've just obtained a new credit card or something?

No idea how this would work out as we're not sure how long CIC takes to open the applications for processing/acknowledgements

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
Have any of you written to your local MP?

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
Galian said:
It's like a history of what is going on with your Immigration file including all agent notes and so on.
Sometimes it helps as you can get an insight if anybody even touched your application...
Thank you.

fuzzyfuzzy

Jan 25, 2016
I've received an email on Jan 21 telling me application has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa, but online application status still only shows application received. what exactly does it mean? are they started the processing???

I tried to search the forum but seems no one mention it yet

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
fuzzyfuzzy said:
I've received an email on Jan 21 telling me application has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa, but online application status still only shows application received. what exactly does it mean? are they started the processing???

Sounds inspiring!!!!

Are you 2014 applicant? Could you please share your application time line with us and if possible the exact wording mentioned (hiding the private information) on the email you received from CIC? It will be a great help for all of us who have been waiting to get some good news.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fuzzyfuzzy said:

Congrats. Can you please confirm that you applied for parent's sponsership under new 3 years NOA rules starting 2014.

fuzzyfuzzy

Jan 25, 2016
siter_pakhi said:
Sounds inspiring!!!!

Are you 2014 applicant? Could you please share your application time line with us and if possible the exact wording mentioned (hiding the private information) on the email you received from CIC? It will be a great help for all of us who have been waiting to get some good news.
Yes I submitted the application in Jan 2nd, 2014. See below for exact wording

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of xxx xxx and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements for the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

and some other non case related info like RPRF/Contact info etc

Hope that shows case is moving forward...