+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When does a study permit expire?

pxc3110

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you have completed your studies/program earlier than you planned & you need to extend your study permi? This is what you are asking about. If so,

The 90 days begin

• on the date you get the first notification from your school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) that you completed your program or
  • when you get your degree, diploma or certificate.
If you can’t prove the date, they will use the earliest issue date on the document as above.

pxc3110

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
So you have completed your studies/program earlier than you planned & you need to extend your study permi? This is what you are asking about. If so,

The 90 days begin

• on the date you get the first notification from your school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) that you completed your program or
  • when you get your degree, diploma or certificate.
If you can’t prove the date, they will use the earliest issue date on the document as above.
Sorry, I don't understand your last sentence?

Mhdotca

Mar 27, 2021
Hi! I received my transcripts and confirmation of graduation by e-mail on January 18th 2021.
Although, the transcripts are dated December 18th 2020, my last day of class. By then I did not have even have my grades yet!

When should I consider the 90 days? On the date of first notification? Or the date printed?
Thanks