+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's next after the medical exam?

maita664

Jan 18, 2007
Hi! Finally after 4.5 years of waiting for news about our application for permanent residence in Canada (as skilled worker from Manila), we received a letter to undergo our medical exam and to pay for Right of landing fee which we both did last December 2006.

Now my questions are?
a) What's next?
b) Will there still be an interview? How do we know if this is waived?
c) How long do we hear from them again?
d) How do I know that they have received my payment for landing fee since I just dropped it in
the drop-box in Makati office? I checked with my bank and it hasn't cleared yet (and it has been
more than 3 weeks).

HELP!!!Can anyone answer please.

G

Ghareb

Hello
Here is my information regarding your questions:
1. They will evaluate your medical results and if they are OK they will ask you to send your passport to take the PR VISA if no further security check is required.
2. If they asked for your passport, then there will be no interview
3. This depeneds on many factors like how many applications they have, your file....(I could vary from few months to a year).
4. Your bank is the easiest way to know that they take the money.
Take care
Ghareb

maita664

Jan 18, 2007
Thanks Ghareb.
But isn't it that the medical result is just valid up to a year? So we should be getting
a decision before the one year expires, right?

By the way, with the medical over with (and I'm sure we've passed that), what do
you think of our chances of getting approved? I'm actually asking all these because I have
2 properties and a business to sell for additional funds to bring to Canada, so I don't know
whether I should start selling it or wait until we have our visa. What you think?

G

Ghareb

Hi again
I think since they asked you to do the medical this means that you have passed all other requirements (this is my opinion) BUT you should be careful when making big decisions like selling your properties or quitting business. My adivse is to wait until you get the last word from them then arrange your life according tot heir decisions.
Ghareb

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi my friend maita664

As our friend Ghanreb just said, if you received your medical it is because you are already waived since they provide the medical after the interview and/or waiver.

Please do not sell any of your properties; no matter what is going on, everything could change from one minute to other, so a wise decision is to wait until you hold the Visas in your own hand not before!!!

Of course you may start offering your properties at the market but do not sell them yet.

I guess all of us who are in the same boat are ready to sell our belongings; I am waiting until the very last second; I will sell everything once the visa rests in my pocket.

Regards

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
maita664 said:
Hi! Finally after 4.5 years of waiting for news about our application for permanent residence in Canada (as skilled worker from Manila), we received a letter to undergo our medical exam and to pay for Right of landing fee which we both did last December 2006.

Now my questions are?
a) What's next?
b) Will there still be an interview? How do we know if this is waived?
c) How long do we hear from them again?
d) How do I know that they have received my payment for landing fee since I just dropped it in
the drop-box in Makati office? I checked with my bank and it hasn't cleared yet (and it has been
more than 3 weeks).

HELP!!!Can anyone answer please.
After medical, we waited 3 months for the PPR. Interview is being requested if they found out that something is wrong with the security check/medical results. Most probably, in your case, the interview is being waived. Usually, it is stated in the IA letter. Don't worry maita, youre almost there. By the way, did CIC ask for any proof of funds, FBI and Police certificates?. I asked these coz, we sent them all the required documents then we got PPR. Goodluck (Pinoy din ako)

maita664

Jan 18, 2007
After medical, we waited 3 months for the PPR. Interview is being requested if they found out that something is wrong with the security check/medical results. Most probably, in your case, the interview is being waived. Usually, it is stated in the IA letter. Don't worry maita, youre almost there. By the way, did CIC ask for any proof of funds, FBI and Police certificates?. I asked these coz, we sent them all the required documents then we got PPR. Goodluck (Pinoy din ako)
[/quote]

Thanks for everyone's advice. This forum is really a GREAT!!!
Hey Noy, glad to know you're Pinoy. When do you leave for Canada? As for your question, the updated proof of funds, police certificates and other docs was requested from us last Sept 2006, it was before our medical. The letter that we received did not say anything about our interview being waived, so I guess we're not off the hook yet but we were asked to pay for the PRF (a good sign,right?).

Anyway, do you guys think we should get our CAIPS at this point of our application?

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
maita664, i dont have any experiences with CAIPS notes. But with the status of your application, maybe a little more patience will help. You're still on track. Remember that the minimum processing time in Manila is 55 months and 61 months max. If you didn't hear anything within their time frame, email them first. BTW, We're moving this summer to Ontario so hope to see you there kabayan!

maita664

Jan 18, 2007
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind... to be patient =)
Noy, how many months did they give you for your visa?
Thanks and wishing you the best!/color]

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Here is my peice of wisdom :)
Yes caips will definitely help, atleast caips will satisfy your excitement. As our other friends have said...you are almost their. I will not advise you to sell any thing even if you get the VISA. Give yourself time and be patience.
Thanks
Cool

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
I'm in the same boat. Did my medicals on November 2nd, 2006. Received a letter from CIC Ottawa need additional test before a decision can be made. Completed additional test Ottawa office received it on the 12 of Jan, and today is the 22nd so I'm done with medicals now. Every thing was clear, now just the wait time I guess should hear something in next 15 days or 3 months I just hope it won't be that long. Oh by the way I went for an interview and passed it so I don't think they will be calling me for an interview.

All of you guys waiting I just hope your wait ends soon, and mine too. It sucks to check your email 10 times every day.

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
maita664, the expiration of the visa is 1 year (12 months) from your medical date and the visa issuance is the date when the decision has been made. i know the feeling that you are so eager to know what will happen next!. don't worry, it will come soon. goodluck and keep us posted.

Ozzie, you're not far from becoming CA PR. from the decision made to PPR, it took us 2 weeks. Like you, checking my emails nth times a day keeps me more aggravated!!!!. just hang in there and hope you'll hear PPR soon. goodluck.

clayheart

Sep 29, 2006
Noy, just curious - what have you done re. employment? Do you have a job waiting? We have our visas but hesitate to move at this point because there's no job waiting. Monster.ca is sooo pitiful compared to monster.com! (We are in the US, but would consider moving if there is a good job offer.)

arppt01

Jan 22, 2007
Same for me also. Unless I have a job waiting for me I feel it will not be wise to move into Canada at this stage.

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
clayheart and arppt01, to tell you honestly, there's no job waiting for us in Canada AS OF NOW. No relatives and no place to stay BUT we (the whole family) decided to land this summer because we believe that we should take one step at a time. I mean, land first, apply for SIN and eventually look for a job. Its not easy coz we've been in the same situation (here in the US), now in Canada. We have a good jobs here in the US but its the future of our kids that we're investing for. Besides, we think that this is an opportunity given to us because it was meant to be. We also NEED to act now coz our PR visa will expire soon.

BTW, check craigslist and also look for classified ads in the local newspaper thru the internet.

Goodluck to both of you.