Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
hey every1..i got my visa for castlegar BC... please help me with the list of things i need to pack..

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
amanjot87 said:
hey every1..i got my visa for castlegar BC... please help me with the list of things i need to pack..
clothes, unless you planning on walking around naked ;)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amanjot87 said:
Underwear, Socks, Teddy Bear

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Your previous study document,Photographs

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imkrk said:
Congrats !! Can i know when did u filed you visa and when does ur processing started?
This is the 6th thread where you're asking someone when they filed their visa/when their processing started.

ask once and wait for your answer, you don't need to flood the forum with the same question

everyone's case is different - so just because someone has their application processed faster than yours, doesn't mean yours has a problem

imkrk

Oct 10, 2012
Johnny31 said:
This is the 6th thread where you're asking someone when they filed their visa/when their processing started.

ask once and wait for your answer, you don't need to flood the forum with the same question

everyone's case is different - so just because someone has their application processed faster than yours, doesn't mean yours has a problem
I didn't asked the same guy number of times.I asked different guys to know their visa/processing dates to compare my self that's it. today is my 14th day after filing, one guy got yesterday it is his 12th working day..So I am little bit worried that's it... Less number of days to do all the things like booking flight,shopping etc...

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Many of them bring utensils,lots of clothes,food items like maggi. Please don't bring them or do lots of shopping while coming.
You will be wasting lot of your space and energy.
Winter Jacket from back home is also not advised, it will look odd here in Canada.

You will get everything in Canada at almost the same rate as in your home country.

You can bring some woollen items like thermals,socks. A universal-converter,
innerwears - (yes innerwears atleast 1 dozen of them,it is expensive over here of good quality)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea, ok if seriously:
Your best office cloth (you will need it couple of times)
Utenciles- like pot and pan and some silverware (those are expensive) but not plates and cups (they are cheep at Dollar Store)
Good footwear
Duvet cover (seriously, I hate sleeping under "flat sheet" :D), and they are expensive in Canada
Blanket and pilows are cheap in Walmart.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
siddhesh398 said:
Many of them bring utensils,lots of clothes,food items like maggi. Please don't bring them or do lots of shopping while coming.
You will be wasting lot of your space and energy.
Winter Jacket from back home is also not advised, it will look odd here in Canada.

You will get everything in Canada at almost the same rate as in your home country.

You can bring some woollen items like thermals,socks. A universal-converter,
innerwears - (yes innerwears atleast 1 dozen of them,it is expensive over here of good quality)
i agree.....do not buy winter coats from india(assuming ur from india). bring packed spices(masala, MDH,everest etc). if possible bring few items like tea(if u drink tea), pressure cooker, also if u have space left bring some rice and dal just in case u dont want to go shopping in the first week. bring woolen cloths, if u use any leather items then bring those too like leather jackets gloves(leather is expensive here). if u have any medical condition bring medicine with prescription. bring bed sheets,pillow cases if u use them, bath towels. these r just a few things ,make a judgement call see what things u need and bring them with u.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bring bed sheets,pillow cases
Are they the same as in Canada? Like from my part of the world they are quite different.

If you bring any food (everything you put in your mouth, even spices) DECLARE it in Declaration Card.
http://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/declare

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Regina said:
Are they the same as in Canada? Like from my part of the world they are quite different.

If you bring any food (everything you put in your mouth, even spices) DECLARE it in Declaration Card.
mostly size is same and they r far cheaper in india again assuming OP is from india.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Regina said:

ur link is not applicable to first time students and is for canadians returning home however the message is correct declare goods. keep a list of things ur bringing. Personally i didnt bring a list but for inexperienced travelers its a good idea.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5121-eng.html#s3