+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what the heck actually happens after AOR?

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
do they actually begin assessing your application according to the criteria for CEC (temporary resident status, degree/diploma if you apply as graudates, job, IELTS, etc) after they send you the AOR? Or does your application just sit there until after they get your medicals???

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OHKIDDA said:
do they actually begin assessing your application according to the criteria for CEC (temporary resident status, degree/diploma if you apply as graudates, job, IELTS, etc) after they send you the AOR? Or does your application just sit there until after they get your medicals???
AOR stands for Acknowledgment of Receipt , which means once CIC receive your application at Sydney and it is found to be eligible, CIC will send your AOR to you via email or the address you gave. This AOR shall include a file number and instruction to submit your full application to your visa specific office. Also the visa specific office for your country issues AOR once they receive your full submission prior to the 120days timeline. After you receive your AOR gather the rest of your supporting documents for future submission to the visa office.

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
Johnny31 said:
AOR stands for Acknowledgment of Receipt , which means once CIC receive your application at Sydney and it is found to be eligible, CIC will send your AOR to you via email or the address you gave. This AOR shall include a file number and instruction to submit your full application to your visa specific office. Also the visa specific office for your country issues AOR once they receive your full submission prior to the 120days timeline. After you receive your AOR gather the rest of your supporting documents for future submission to the visa office.
i get all of that. i got AOR a few months back, and medicals last week. i'm just trying to determine if they even assessed my application in the three months between getting my AOR and request for medicals. that is, did it go through a comprehensive assessment by the visa officer.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OHKIDDA said:
i get all of that. i got AOR a few months back, and medicals last week. i'm just trying to determine if they even assessed my application in the three months between getting my AOR and request for medicals. that is, did it go through a comprehensive assessment by the visa officer.
Well, people do get their AOR and still gets rejected. AOR doesn't mean you'll get medicals automatically. I've also seen people getting rejected after medicals. You're only safe 100% after they asks for your passport

PCO0212

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi OHKIDDA.

Can you please share your timelines?

If you really wanted to know what has happened to your file, you can order GCMS notes which would have the info regarding the assessments!

Thanks,

ofvgard

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-then CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/4/2012
AOR Received.
10/8/2012
IELTS Request
sent with Application
Med's Request
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
25/10/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
So does medical request get sent via email or paper mail? Im gonna need to change address soon and Im hoping it wont get sent to the old one and get caught in between.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I think that's how it used to be back in the day. Nowadays, you submit the complete application package to CIO in Sydney, NS. If it's complete(i.e. all documents in the checklist included), they forward it to the visa office you chose to process your application. A visa officer in that office then reviews the application thoroughly to determine whether you meet eligibility for the program e.g. if you applied under CEC - graduate stream, they want to see transcripts, copy of degree/diploma from Canadian institution, original IELTS results, reference letter from employer with all the information required, no gaps in your personal history form, T4s, NOAs, etc. If this is complete and you meet eligibility, they send the AOR or AOR + medical request.

Processing of your application begins - they start running background and security checks which involves RCMP screening and CSIS; they verify information, contact employers, request fingerprints, request an interview or ask for clarification or more documents(if need be). Note that not every applicant goes through the same process and background checks can take up to 1 year for some people especially those who have lived in many countries or visited certain countries.

Note that you will never find out the results of your security checks because it is classified information.

Johnny31 said:

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It could be sent via either means, though if you provided an email, it will likely be sent through it. To be on the safe side, update your address with any entity you do business with when you move. Also, complete a "notification of address change" form at the post office and all mails sent to the old address will be automatically re-directed to the new address.

ofvgard said:
So does medical request get sent via email or paper mail? Im gonna need to change address soon and Im hoping it wont get sent to the old one and get caught in between.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
SenoritaBella said:
I think that's how it used to be back in the day. Nowadays, you submit the complete application package to CIO in Sydney, NS. If it's complete(i.e. all documents in the checklist included), they forward it to the visa office you chose to process your application. A visa officer in that office then reviews the application thoroughly to determine whether you meet eligibility for the program e.g. if you applied under CEC - graduate stream, they want to see transcripts, copy of degree/diploma from Canadian institution, original IELTS results, reference letter from employer with all the information required, no gaps in your personal history form, T4s, NOAs, etc. If this is complete and you meet eligibility, they send the AOR or AOR + medical request.

Processing of your application begins - they start running background and security checks which involves RCMP screening and CSIS; they verify information, contact employers, request fingerprints, request an interview or ask for clarification or more documents(if need be). Note that not every applicant goes through the same process and background checks can take up to 1 year for some people especially those who have lived in many countries or visited certain countries.

Note that you will never find out the results of your security checks because it is classified information.
Hi SenoritaBella,

I submistted my CEC application in late May but have since realized that on my Schedule A I have two gaps in my personal history - one of 2 months and one of 3 months (I realise now I probably should have attached an additional sheet of paper). Assuming I receive my AOR (I did last time I applied, but was rejected due to an NOC mismatch), do you think this is likely to be a problem (I was in between school and jobs in both instances)? If it is, are they likely to outright reject my application or just request more information?

Thanks!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If there are gaps, they will return your application. AOR is only issued if there are no gaps in personal history and all other documents on checklist are included. Note that police certificates can be sent later but you should include a letter explaining you will send it when available.

Citrus said:
Hi SenoritaBella,

I submistted my CEC application in late May but have since realized that on my Schedule A I have two gaps in my personal history - one of 2 months and one of 3 months (I realise now I probably should have attached an additional sheet of paper). Assuming I receive my AOR (I did last time I applied, but was rejected due to an NOC mismatch), do you think this is likely to be a problem (I was in between school and jobs in both instances)? If it is, are they likely to outright reject my application or just request more information?

Thanks!

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
SenoritaBella said:
If there are gaps, they will return your application. AOR is only issued if there are no gaps in personal history and all other documents on checklist are included. Note that police certificates can be sent later but you should include a letter explaining you will send it when available.
Well I was issued AOR last time I applied with the same personal history so hopefully it'll be alright. If they send the AOR am I good or will they potentially request further information or even reject my application?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't know the answer to that. The process involves background checks, security, medicals, criminal checks, etc so no one knows what, if anything an officer could request.

Citrus said:
Well I was issued AOR last time I applied with the same personal history so hopefully it'll be alright. If they send the AOR am I good or will they potentially request further information or even reject my application?