+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What OINP stream should I register an EOI for?

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I have a PGWP and have received a job offer from an employer in Toronto. My NOC is 2175

I am confused about which OINP stream do I qualify for and which one should I register an EOI for. These seem to be my options:
  1. Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
  2. Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
  3. Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
As far as I know, you can apply only under one of these streams. I don't know under which stream do I stand the best chance to receive an ITA. Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a PGWP and have received a job offer from an employer in Toronto. My NOC is 2175

I am confused about which OINP stream do I qualify for and which one should I register an EOI for. These seem to be my options:
As far as I know, you can apply only under one of these streams. I don't know under which stream do I stand the best chance to receive an ITA. Please help.
Don’t know full profile so look at each program and find out if you are eligible. Each path has different requirements and is clearly explained on the OINP site.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Don’t know full profile so look at each program and find out if you are eligible. Each path has different requirements and is clearly explained on the OINP site.
Thank you for your response. I checked the OINP site and I am eligible for the below mentioned paths:
I am not sure which path is the best for me. I have mentioned the details of my profile below. Let me know if you'd like to know more details about my profile.
  • Study permit: Sep 2019 to Sep 2020 (12 months)
  • Post-Graduate Certificate Program from DLI in Toronto: Sep 2019 to May 2020 (9 months)
  • PGWP: Dec 2021 to Oct 2022 (11 months)
  • Canadian Job Experience: Feb 2022 to current (1 month) - NOC 2175
  • Previous foreign work experience: 2014 to 2021 (6 years) - NOC 2175
I am confused about what stream is the best for my profile. Looking forward to your reply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. I checked the OINP site and I am eligible for the below mentioned paths:
I am not sure which path is the best for me. I have mentioned the details of my profile below. Let me know if you'd like to know more details about my profile.
  • Study permit: Sep 2019 to Sep 2020 (12 months)
  • Post-Graduate Certificate Program from DLI in Toronto: Sep 2019 to May 2020 (9 months)
  • PGWP: Dec 2021 to Oct 2022 (11 months)
  • Canadian Job Experience: Feb 2022 to current (1 month) - NOC 2175
  • Previous foreign work experience: 2014 to 2021 (6 years) - NOC 2175
I am confused about what stream is the best for my profile. Looking forward to your reply.
What work permit are you on now?

1. Possible if employer is eligible.
2. Are you sure you are eligible with a 9 month certificate? As stated to be eligible you need
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.

So for your certificate, can only degree holders be admitted. If not you are not eligible.

3. What is your CRS score as that would determine nomination.

aniket3602

Feb 8, 2022
What work permit are you on now?

1. Possible if employer is eligible.
2. Are you sure you are eligible with a 9 month certificate? As stated to be eligible you need
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.

So for your certificate, can only degree holders be admitted. If not you are not eligible.

3. What is your CRS score as that would determine nomination.
I am not eligible for International Student Stream because the course which I did was having diploma or degree as their criteria.

Are there any conditions for FSW and Human Capital Stream.
My Profile is, I have done 1 year PG diploma from Conestoga College and I am on work permit now with a NOC 2174 job as Software Engineer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not eligible for International Student Stream because the course which I did was having diploma or degree as their criteria.

Are there any conditions for FSW and Human Capital Stream.
My Profile is, I have done 1 year PG diploma from Conestoga College and I am on work permit now with a NOC 2174 job as Software Engineer
Human Capital Stream is based on CRS score. FSW requires job offer and employer must meet requirements and support application. Employer requirements and forms are on OINP site.

Mar 18, 2023
Human Capital Stream is based on CRS score. FSW requires job offer and employer must meet requirements and support application. Employer requirements and forms are on OINP site.
Hello,

I have a question related to eligibility under Foreign Worker Stream. I am not sure if I am eligible or not. Would you be able to answer me from my profile, please?
  • Bachelor from outside Canada
  • Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Canada - 2 Years
  • PGWP: Aug 2021 to Aug 2024
  • Canadian Job Experience: More than 2 years in the same company for the same NOC 22302.
  • Employer is supporting for PNP.
I don't have any foreign work experience.

Please let me know if I am eligible or not because this is the only hope to get PR.

Thanks for your time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have a question related to eligibility under Foreign Worker Stream. I am not sure if I am eligible or not. Would you be able to answer me from my profile, please?
  • Bachelor from outside Canada
  • Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Canada - 2 Years
  • PGWP: Aug 2021 to Aug 2024
  • Canadian Job Experience: More than 2 years in the same company for the same NOC 22302.
  • Employer is supporting for PNP.
I don't have any foreign work experience.

Please let me know if I am eligible or not because this is the only hope to get PR.

Thanks for your time.
Yes. You need to check your score and whether your NOC is ever selected.