+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the next step after Prearrival?

HaniaZain

Oct 20, 2023
Hi,

Update: We got prearrival letter just today. What does it mean for the application progress now?
Didnt ask for GCMS yet!

I applied for sponsorship for my husband in Feb2023. We both dont live in Canada at the moment and are waiting for his PR to come so we can make the move.
I want to request for GCMS notes for the application, but I am confused, I am requesting them on behalf of my husband, but they are asking for address. Should I put the address that we put in our application or does it have to be an address in canada?
Do I have to be residing in Canada to request the file? also how do I ask for IRCC and CBSA notes at the same time? the drop down menu only lets me select one option.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I applied for sponsorship for my husband in Feb2023. We both dont live in Canada at the moment and are waiting for his PR to come so we can make the move.
I want to request for GCMS notes for the application, but I am confused, I am requesting them on behalf of my husband, but they are asking for address. Should I put the address that we put in our application or does it have to be an address in canada?
Do I have to be residing in Canada to request the file? also how do I ask for IRCC and CBSA notes at the same time? the drop down menu only lets me select one option.
You can’t order information in his behalf he must order his own GCMS notes. You should put your actual address. You are still well within normal processing times so is there a reason you are wanting the GCMS notes. I would suggest including more proof that you have that you of your return to Canada that may have not been available when you originally submitted your application. For example giving notice to employers, telling landlord that you will not be remaining in whatever country you are living in, etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Assume you are citizen. He can apply through ATIP or order through a company with current address. You are within processing times.

Last edited:

HaniaZain

Oct 20, 2023
You can’t order information in his behalf he must order his own GCMS notes. You should put your actual address. You are still well within normal processing times so is there a reason you are wanting the GCMS notes. I would suggest including more proof that you have that you of your return to Canada that may have not been available when you originally submitted your application. For example giving notice to employers, telling landlord that you will not be remaining in whatever country you are living in, etc.
Yes, I am aware that I am within processing times. I moved to this country for work, and now I have to move back home to Canada.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hm.. what do you mean she can't order notes on his behalf? I just got GCMS notes with complete data for my wife (PA) and dependent. To order someone else's data, you just include signed IMM5744 (signed with ink and scanned) + optionally proof of status of the person making the request (I uploaded my Canadian passport). Unless you meant something else.

As to which address to choose if residing outside of Canada - not sure but I didn't see any limitation about this to be Canadian only (but I might be mistaken, didn't look closely for that)