+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is rule 26 exclusion Section E

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hey guys my hearing was supposed to be in May but it was canceled due to administrative reason, I was re schedule and my hearing is next month, I got a letter from IRB saying that the rule 26 exclusion section E may apply to my case.
I did live many years in another country that’s near my home country but I was never able to get permanent residence there. They are basically saying they don’t believe the fact I didn’t have any papers and if the minister wishes to intervene, they must do so before the date fixed for the hearing. What does it mean? Do I have to contact the minister or they do that themselves? I’m very positive about my claim and I know I will win but this letter has me thinking so much, pls I need some advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys my hearing was supposed to be in May but it was canceled due to administrative reason, I was re schedule and my hearing is next month, I got a letter from IRB saying that the rule 26 exclusion section E may apply to my case.
I did live many years in another country that’s near my home country but I was never able to get permanent residence there. They are basically saying they don’t believe the fact I didn’t have any papers and if the minister wishes to intervene, they must do so before the date fixed for the hearing. What does it mean? Do I have to contact the minister or they do that themselves? I’m very positive about my claim and I know I will win but this letter has me thinking so much, pls I need some advice.
The minister will do it themselves. If the minister does end up intervening, get an immigration lawyer if you don't already have one. Minister intervention is serious.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
The minister will do it themselves. If the minister does end up intervening, get an immigration lawyer if you don't already have one. Minister intervention is serious.
Ok thanks for the info, I have a lawyer. How will know if the minister will intervene?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok thanks for the info, I have a lawyer. How will know if the minister will intervene?
You'll be notified. Your lawyer should be very familiar with what this means.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
As Scylla comment, you need to get Immigration Lawyer. Technically IRB sent information to the Minister and invited Minister to the hearing..

Sections E and F of Article 1 of the United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees

E This Convention shall not apply to a person who is recognized by the competent authorities of the country in which he has taken residence as having the rights and obligations which are attached to the possession of the nationality of that country.

F The provisions of this Convention shall not apply to any person with respect to whom there are serious reasons for considering that:
(a) he has committed a crime against peace, a war crime, or a crime against humanity, as defined in the international instruments drawn up to make provision in respect of such crimes;
(b) he has committed a serious non-political crime outside the country of refuge prior to his admission to that country as a refugee;
(c) he has been guilty of acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.