+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I return to Canada after 4.5 years, just 6 months before PR card

Ex-Soviet

Feb 16, 2014
Hi All,

Wanted to ask one more question, what co-signer means? Should my wife also sign the sponsorship application for our child or it is sufficient if I do alone?

Also, if I do alone, should I have her official permission to sponsor our child or this is not required? I just want to avoid excessive documentation, etc involving my wife into application process if this is not required.

Also, what kind of changes are expected to Canada Citizenship Law in 2015, I have heard some rumours, but no certain info?

Thanks a lot.

Ex-Soviet

Feb 16, 2014
One more request, considering my son is just five months old, which forms I as a spopnsor and he as applicant should complete? It is very complex to understand from the CIC site. Can I complete his forms as well, as his parent and sign on his behalf, or it needs to be other parent (my wife) who fills his documents? I mean is it OK if I fill and sign not only my sponsorship forms, but also his applicant forms?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Co-signer is not needed to sponsor a dependent child.

Your forms are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Since you are not divorced or separated from your wife, you do not need her signature on the application.

You will need to look at the checklists at the link above, both for the sponsorship application and in Part 3 under United States. Also look at the instruction guides on how to fill out the forms.