+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if get interview call

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
I had my exam today, and I got 14 correct, pass marks is 15 correct ...

After the exam, I had interview with Citizenship officer and answered all question to satisfactory level, showed my all Ids (PR, DL, HC, landing doc), so all done on this front; finally officer showed me my result card with 14 correct out of 20.
15 is needed to pass, and I was told I will get mail & re-take exam invitation in 2 months period.

Sorry for long story but I'm bit confused... before the exam, examiner gave all Candidate good amount of information; and were mentioned that, if someone can't pass in first try, will get second try for written test and for third try it will be one to one interview on Discover Canada.

I know, pressure will be more during second attempt, and bit worried too... Can someone suggest, what happens if second attempt is also not good and have to take interview on Canadian history... :-[ has anyone faced such situation , can share experience pls?

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about that but I am appearing for my exam day after. Could you plz help me in preparing the exam? How did you prepare the exam? was it very tough? can you tell me some of the question they asked? Your help in passing the exam will be highly appreciated.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
sunafi said:
I had my exam today, and I got 14 correct, pass marks is 15 correct ...

After the exam, I had interview with Citizenship officer and answered all question to satisfactory level, showed my all Ids (PR, DL, HC, landing doc), so all done on this front; finally officer showed me my result card with 14 correct out of 20.
15 is needed to pass, and I was told I will get mail & re-take exam invitation in 2 months period.

Sorry for long story but I'm bit confused... before the exam, examiner gave all Candidate good amount of information; and were mentioned that, if someone can't pass in first try, will get second try for written test and for third try it will be one to one interview on Discover Canada.

I know, pressure will be more during second attempt, and bit worried too... Can someone suggest, what happens if second attempt is also not good and have to take interview on Canadian history... :-[ has anyone faced such situation , can share experience pls?
Now since you got one more chance, better to study/ prepare well and don't EVER THINK OF THIRD OPTION.

The exam is easy only if u study the book may be 3 times or 5 times. Try to aim 20/20 and recheck ur answer after u give the test because sometimes due to overconfidence we miss a word and misunderstand what is not asked.

REMEMBER THAT people WILL FAIL / pass IN THE EXAM WITH 1 mark only. Because the exam question 14 or 15 May be easy rest little bit tricky. So prepare well for that 1 mark. I prepared well but still got 19/20 and my wife 18/20 so u can understand that getting 20/20 is that one was not careless in answering.

Try to go thru the Audio at night along with discover Canada in the website. It will make the subject more clear as only reading is boring.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports said:
Now since you got one more chance, better to study/ prepare well and don't EVER THINK OF THIRD OPTION.

The exam is easy only if u study the book may be 3 times or 5 times. Try to aim 20/20 and recheck ur answer after u give the test because sometimes due to overconfidence we miss a word and misunderstand what is not asked.

REMEMBER THAT people WILL FAIL / pass IN THE EXAM WITH 1 mark only. Because the exam question 14 or 15 May be easy rest little bit tricky. So prepare well for that 1 mark. I prepared well but still got 19/20 and my wife 18/20 so u can understand that getting 20/20 is that one was not careless in answering.

Try to go thru the Audio at night along with discover Canada in the website. It will make the subject more clear as only reading is boring.
Exports is right. Aim to pass on your second try....never loose hope. You can do this!
In my case,I read and re-read Discover Canada like 4 times....tried a few online practice tests as well which I always get 18,but they can be redundant questions. Study.Read the study guide a few times. Understand everything.

But what I did on the test day was....I went and answered every single question that I am 100% certain of the right answer,I passed those I'm not sure yet...
I think I was confident 16 of them,then I went back to the last 4. I was only aiming to pass but I was shocked to get them all right. :D :D

ali1254

Feb 28, 2015
My wife also got 14/20 on her first try, and she just had a retest on Feb 11, and second time she passed it with 20/20. Also I was suprised that ecas was changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE today.

Anyways just to let you know test was easy for me as I passed on my first try but it was not for my wife. Each person is different but I tried to make her practice from the book and try to correlate many questions how to remember. Like export said book is boring sorry let me rephrase reading is boring but if you try to understand some of stories it is not so boring. Just remember the dates, important roles played by our forefathers and ancestors. What roles they played? etc. What my wife did wrong in her first try I don't think she even read the book once but she practice online questions like 100 times literally. However in second try I told her to only read the book and then practice the questionnaire online and try to understand the concept behind those questions. For example if there is a question about 1812 War then the answer automatically is the border separated etc. Try to understand the concept of war, and why it was fought? Who fought it? What is the outcome? Multiple choice options are bad because we tend to memorize the answer and when we see similar question without reading the question properly we answer. The questionnaire at the end of the book are useful also and should be suffice well in my case they were.

Wish you good luck and hopefully you do better in your second try, and be calm and sleep well before the test.

chx

Oct 13, 2012
There are a ton of practice tests online, those help. Do not fret much over precise years, this test is not one where they ask whether a thing happened, in 1980,1981,1982,1983 much rather it'll be like 1647,1823, 1959, 1982. That's my limited experience as someone who passed with 19/20. I suck at memorizing so many datestamps. But I can remember which thing was earlier and which later and that helps.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Sorry to hear about that but I am appearing for my exam day after. Could you plz help me in preparing the exam? How did you prepare the exam? was it very tough? can you tell me some of the question they asked? Your help in passing the exam will be highly appreciated.
I believe reading Discover Canada is good enough, and helpful would be focusing on word(s) which is new to you; any word if you don't understand - search on that, once you understand the word; any rephrased question having that word would be understandable... good luck...
of course try online test also.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with others. Reading book 2-3 times is usually good enough. But again every person is different. Some need more practice. Don't forget to look for info in pictures and small boxes on every page.

I also referred to OCASI app on smartphone. Its free app by CIC and local immigration agencies. Around 500 practice Q&A.

All the best wishes,