+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" Mean

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello, my application got refusal and the reasons are the same.
someone advised me without wasting time try to improve SOP and reapply because waiting for the notes will take considerable time.
Anyways anyone can advise me how to order GCMS notes.
Google - Order GCMS notes as there are several companies that do it.

Reactions: K75089

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
hello, my application got refusal and the reasons are the same.
someone advised me without wasting time try to improve SOP and reapply because waiting for the notes will take considerable time.
Anyways anyone can advise me how to order GCMS notes.
Now a days GCMS notes are provided within 40 to 50 days from the date of request.

Jan 16, 2023
Hi Scylla,

Could u plz help on the same, got rejection yesterday with the following only reason,

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"

Applied for the course Diploma in Project management

experience over ten years in project management meanly in construction. Thanks
They don’t give visa due to diploma study

Jan 16, 2023
I was given "The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application" as the reason of my visa rejection, can someone help me understand what that means.

I am applying for study permit
What degree you apply for?diploma?

chrisjohn

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hi Jumane Tx,
Could u plz help,
I got the refusal with same wordings. Did u get any solution on this issue?
Actualy I want to reapply and need some suggestion on what changes should I need to make in my application before I reapply?

Hi, did you reapply for study visa? Im also under same category.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hi everyone, good morning. My brother just got a refusal letter this morning stating the following:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, good morning. My brother just got a refusal letter this morning stating the following:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application
  • How old? Is he married? What are family ties to home country? Who is in Canada? Do parents have TRV/PR?
  • How long was visit? If long, what proof did he show to return?
  • Purpose of visit?

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Family ties to his country : 2 brothers, one sister, both parents are back home
so he applied for a study permit
he is 17yrs old
he has 2 sisters in Canada : who are PRs
one brother : who is under study permit
he has admission to UVIC for humanities - program undeclared( you can't declare in 1st yr)
Term of Admission: First Term: Sep - Dec 2023
Program start date: 2023/09/06
Length of studies: Until May 2028

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Family ties to his country : 2 brothers, one sister, both parents are back home
so he applied for a study permit
he is 17yrs old
he has 2 sisters in Canada : who are PRs
one brother : who is under study permit
he has admission to UVIC for humanities - program undeclared( you can't declare in 1st yr)
Term of Admission: First Term: Sep - Dec 2023
Program start date: 2023/09/06
Length of studies: Until May 2028
So he has 3 family members in Canada. That is a lot of family in Canada, and if 2 are PR then IRCC believe he is coming to study and then get PR. Does he have an unconditional or conditional offer? If conditional, reapply when he has unconditional offer. Do parents have TRVs?

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
So he has 3 family members in Canada. That is a lot of family in Canada, and if 2 are PR then IRCC believe he is coming to study and then get PR. Does he have an unconditional or conditional offer? If conditional, reapply when he has unconditional offer. Do parents have TRVs?
i believe he has unconditional, because the status just says admitted

my mum has trv but it's expired currently

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i believe he has unconditional, because the status just says admitted

my mum has trv but it's expired currently
You can have admission with conditional offer. So he has graduated from secondary school to submit final transcripts to get unconditional offer? Usually offer is conditional until final transcripts are submitted. Find out.

Also has he explained why he needs to take a humanities degree in Canada? What employment opportunities will it give him in home country when he graduates? If not, he needs to write a strong SOP of why he needs to study in Canada.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
You can have admission with conditional offer. So he has graduated from secondary school to submit final transcripts to get unconditional offer? Usually offer is conditional until final transcripts are submitted. Find out.

Also has he explained why he needs to take a humanities degree in Canada? What employment opportunities will it give him in home country when he graduates? If not, he needs to write a strong SOP of why he needs to study in Canada.
yeah he completed high school last September so all his grades are in and just waiting to start in canada. we didn't include any SOP for the humanities degree and job prospects after completion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yeah he completed high school last September so all his grades are in and just waiting to start in canada. we didn't include any SOP for the humanities degree and job prospects after completion.
If reapplying and have unconditional offer then recommend SOP. A humanities is a general degree, not specialized, so need strong reason to justify why spending all that money, and what employment is available to justify costs. Also justify why taking a 3 year degree too? A SOP can address reasons for refusal. Consider applying for GCMS notes too to read officer’s notes. It may be around family in Canada, program has no employment opportunities to justify cost etc.

Chefnimz

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
If reapplying and have unconditional offer then recommend SOP. A humanities is a general degree, not specialized, so need strong reason to justify why spending all that money, and what employment is available to justify costs. Also justify why taking a 3 year degree too? A SOP can address reasons for refusal. Consider applying for GCMS notes too to read officer’s notes. It may be around family in Canada, program has no employment opportunities to justify cost etc.
Thank you, i will apply for GCMS notes. If he reapplies and declares a major in sciences, would that be suspicious ?