+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do CBSA Officers know?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
When you enter Canada, can the CBSA officer in the booth see that you have a pending citizenship application in FOSS?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
When you enter Canada, can the CBSA officer in the booth see that you have a pending citizenship application in FOSS?
Yes, and a lot more than this. Every single piece of info about you on system will be visible to him/her.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, they can see all the electronic entries about you in their system, so if your Citizenship application is not processing, they can't see it, they can see your entries to Canada, they can see your biographical Data... you can know what they see by requesting all the information they have about you using the Protection of personal information act. You will have to be specific in your request as you will have to tell them the categories you want them to send to you.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
So, any notes that a citizenship officer made about you at your interview will be visible to the primary line CBSA officer when you cross the border?

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
So, any notes that a citizenship officer made about you at your interview will be visible to the primary line CBSA officer when you cross the border?
This, I don't know... again, the only way to know what is in your file is to ask them to send it to you

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
They can see all applications pending, in process and completed. their system only does not pull FOSS when they check you using your client ID but more....however it does not mean they will give you trouble based on your application is in process.....

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
dodan said:
what is the concern?
I want to know if any concerns that a citizenship officer may have entered in the system, like questions about where the applicant is actually living or working, are visible to a primary line CBSA officer. Basically, I won't to know what they know. There is nothing specific.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
I want to know if any concerns that a citizenship officer may have entered in the system, like questions about where the applicant is actually living or working, are visible to a primary line CBSA officer. Basically, I won't to know what they know. There is nothing specific.

As i mentioned above, they do have an access to everything about you on their system.

Actually, one of the people i have met here in Canada was telling us a terrible experience with the borders officer at the Pearson Airport. In my opinion the guy deserved everything the officer did to him, as people like him unfortunately make immigration Canada doubts all applicants in general.

The guy said details which the officer told him that surprised him, as he knew every single comment on his refugee claimant application before he became a PR.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
As we do not know what the CBSA knows about us, it is best to assume they know as much as each person knows about him/herself. Why take a chance?

Highlander2014

Dec 11, 2013
Border records are extensive. Last time I flew to US, they asked me about my last visit (4 years ago) and why I am again going to the US for only a short visit. You would be amazed at the extent of notes.