+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>What about After nomination for July/August Applicants <<<

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
I have got my nomination, but i have just moved to US and changed my job, but my application still has India details. What is the correct approach to proceed further? Shall i directly update my profile or intimate cic and oinp. Also, my IELTS is expiring next month and I already have revised scores? Shall i update that also on profile or only inform them.
Thanks!!
Yes you should Inform OINP about both changes. Regarding IRCC, if you have already submitted eAPR then yes, you have to raise CSE. If you still have to submit eAPR then just change the address and IELTS results before submission of application.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
What included the blood tests? I will be very thankful if u can provide me details abt it too.
In UAE, they just did Blood test for HIV & Syphilis (STD) for us. But they may ask for further blood tests if you have any tattoos or any chronic disease.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
CIC is giving more priority to the general FSW category.. Technically speaking they can even process our application in same pace..
Not sure why this lag..

Hope our dreams would come true ;):)

Cheer's:)
Frankly speaking, I could not find the answer of this question that Why PNP people still taking 6 months on avg. to get PPR as compared to FSW (Aug 2017 onward AOR) who are getting PPR within a month. I do not think FSW people has some priority, rather PNP people are going through some extra processes which are taking much more time.

As far as we will get PPR in 6 month timeline, everything is acceptable.

My advise is to stop looking at threads or trackers who are exclusive for FSW, it may reduce your anxiety. Rather see those people in security screening who are still waiting for PPR even after an year of AOR. I hope that none of us would go SS which is a living nightmare!

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Frankly speaking, I could not find the answer of this question that Why PNP people still taking 6 months on avg. to get PPR as compared to FSW (Aug 2017 onward AOR) who are getting PPR within a month. I do not think FSW people has some priority, rather PNP people are going through some extra processes which are taking much more time.

My advise is to stop looking at threads or trackers who are exclusive for FSW, it may reduce your anxiety. Rather see those people in security screening who are still waiting for PPR even after an year of AOR. I hope that none of us would go SS which is a living nightmare!
We should have an AOR thread for PNP. seems the pnp and fsw are in one thread which makes pnp guys envious of fsw's timeline. I wish someday soon they are processed in similar timelines!

Reactions: itishnitsa

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Wow! You're quick! I am still waiting for my husband's renewed passport which will be claimed on the 12th. Almost ready to submit...
Hello! Long time! That's the reason I didn't see you name on the tracker for post eAPR. Get on the boat soon. All the best!! Good to see all old members there. Remember our nomination days?

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017

What I think for this long delay in PNP applications is listed below:
- Firstly, PNP applications have to undergo all the checks which it had already gone thru at the time of nominations. This is done by the Federal officers who take a bit of time to complete this exercise after they check the completeness/verification of PNP applications. They want to make sure if our nominations are awarded correctly. After that the process will turn towards our documents. This additional burden on them increases the turn around time for PNP applications.
- Secondly, PNP applications are processed in Sydney, NS office. My take on this is that they just might be having lesser work force as compared to Ottawa office which has a very large work force and they are churning PPRs in bulk and are super fast. But this point is just a guess!! Donno if I am correct with the lesser workforce thing.

Anyways, we will all get our PPRs soon. All the best for the waiting time. Have fun guys!!

Reactions: petta

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
We should have an AOR thread for PNP. seems the pnp and fsw are in one thread which makes pnp guys envious of fsw's timeline. I wish someday soon they are processed in similar timelines!
I think stick to this thread for updates. Its hard to gather people on a thread other then the dedicated members. Do invite other OINP nominated people to this thread.

Reactions: babyfreeverse

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
What I think for this long delay in PNP applications is listed below:
- Firstly, PNP applications have to undergo all the checks which it had already gone thru at the time of nominations. This is done by the Federal officers who take a bit of time to complete this exercise after they check the completeness/verification of PNP applications. They want to make sure if our nominations are awarded correctly. After that the process will turn towards our documents. This additional burden on them increases the turn around time for PNP applications. Again a speculation brother! No official news/portal that tells that PNP undergoes some extra process other then normal one. If it is there, please share here for getting more clarity on the process. The IRCC portal only shows following steps for all the EE applications.

1- R10 (Completeness check)
2- Medicals
3- Criminality
4- A11.2 Eligibility
5- Security

- Secondly, PNP applications are processed in Sydney, NS office. My take on this is that they just might be having lesser work force as compared to Ottawa office which has a very large work force and they are churning PPRs in bulk and are super fast. But this point is just a guess!! Donno if I am correct with the lesser workforce thing. Please share the source where did you get this info. about VISA office. Its something new I heard.

Anyways, we will all get our PPRs soon. All the best for the waiting time. Have fun guys!! Yes that is the thing, instead of getting worried, make plan for your settlement. Sooner or later every one will get PR (thinking positively)! Better to start looking for the area you are gonna settle, schooling for your kids, your job search, any qualification improvement etc etc. Make this waiting time useful. :)

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
The info about additional round of checks for PNP candidates I've read on CIC website. I will share that here soon. Only yesterday I was reading about it.

Info for lesser workforce is my guess. No official source on this one.

All the best!!

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hello! Long time! That's the reason I didn't see you name on the tracker for post eAPR. Get on the boat soon. All the best!! Good to see all old members there. Remember our nomination days?
Yes, absolutely! It was the longest 30+ days of my life hahaha and here we are again for another ~180 days of going nuts over statuses. Thanks for remembering me and good luck on the application!

Reactions: Anjanirai

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
@anwar01 in furtherance to my point that I had put in my last post here is the supporting link and few extracts from the CIC website. Hope it clears the air for some people as to why the PNP candidates end up spending more time in the process as compared to FSW applicants.

- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/index-enhanced.asp
This link has many sublinks which we should read for getting an idea as to whats the process they follow for PNP candidates(applicants).

- Extract from one of the links which you can find easily on the sublink:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/process.asp

Processing Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applications: Putting the application into process

"Once an application for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) has been assessed as complete under R10, the application is put into process.

For all PNP applications, the processing office is responsible for:

• assessing if the applicant meets the requirements for membership in the Provincial Nominee (PN) class; and,
  • assessing if the applicant is admissible to Canada
For PNP applications submitted through Express Entry, the processing office is also responsible for:

• assessing if the applicant meets the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (i.e., that the applicant meets the program requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class); and,
  • assessing if the applicant meets the requirements under A11.2.
The processing office should carry out normal security screening procedures once the application is put into process."

As we can see here that the Officer has to once again ascertain that the nominations are given correctly so they do a recheck on the nominations and this takes a while as they undergo more or less the same process which candidates undergone at the time of nominations from their respective Provinces. Only that there are no status changes at this point of time. :p. Additionally, they also check if the PNP applicant is still good for Express Entry criteria. This further takes more time.

My reasoning for the delay in the first point is correct. But as far as my second point goes am not sure about the workforce in both the offices. But, if I find something I will definitely share with you all.

All the best to everyone for their application journey.

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
@anwar01 I also found the Internal Audit Report of CPC-O dated 13th October 2016 to support my second point of the number of workforce in NS, Sydney. You can find the report below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/audit/case-processing-centre-ottawa.asp

It doesn't specifically speaks about the number of employees in CPC, Sydney, NS but here is an extract from the report which is of interest:

"The Ottawa Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) was established in 2010 as a pilot to support Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) modernization agenda, and became permanent in January 2014. It has supported the roll out of several key priority initiatives such as implementing the Global Case Management System, restructuring the North American immigration program delivery network, assisting with application backlog reduction, and implementing Express Entry.
CPC-O is the largest visa office in the IRCC global visa processing network and processes applications primarily from North America, and also applications submitted at Canadian visa offices or Visa Application Centres overseas.

The Director responsible for CPC-O operations is supported by three managers: a Modernization Manager; an Operational Support Manager; and, a Permanent Residents Operations Manager.

As of October 2015, CPC-O had 211 employees – five percent were permanent CPC-O employees, eight percent were students, nine percent were IRCC permanent employees working at CPC-O on short-term assignments, and 78 percent were term and/or casual employees. CPC-O officials have developed a human resources strategy to stabilize their workforce by hiring more permanent staff."

So here we can see that the number of workforce is huge as per the report which in turn means that the workforce in Sydney office is low as compared to CPC-O.

Hope this will further clarify the point that why CPC-Sydney, NS takes more time for PNP applicants.

All the best!!

Reactions: petta

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
@anwar01
How r ya Bro...after exactly how many days u got ur Medical Passed?

Did any one here on teh thread from August /Sept. Applicants got status changes ? If yes kindly share Post nomination time lines...

Reactions: smalkawi

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
@anwar01 in furtherance to my point that I had put in my last post here is the supporting link and few extracts from the CIC website. Hope it clears the air for some people as to why the PNP candidates end up spending more time in the process as compared to FSW applicants.

- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/index-enhanced.asp
This link has many sublinks which we should read for getting an idea as to whats the process they follow for PNP candidates(applicants).

- Extract from one of the links which you can find easily on the sublink:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/pnp/process.asp

Processing Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applications: Putting the application into process

"Once an application for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) has been assessed as complete under R10, the application is put into process.

For all PNP applications, the processing office is responsible for:

• assessing if the applicant meets the requirements for membership in the Provincial Nominee (PN) class; and,
  • assessing if the applicant is admissible to Canada
For PNP applications submitted through Express Entry, the processing office is also responsible for:

• assessing if the applicant meets the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (i.e., that the applicant meets the program requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class); and,
  • assessing if the applicant meets the requirements under A11.2.
The processing office should carry out normal security screening procedures once the application is put into process."

As we can see here that the Officer has to once again ascertain that the nominations are given correctly so they do a recheck on the nominations and this takes a while as they undergo more or less the same process which candidates undergone at the time of nominations from their respective Provinces. Only that there are no status changes at this point of time. :p. Additionally, they also check if the PNP applicant is still good for Express Entry criteria. This further takes more time.

My reasoning for the delay in the first point is correct. But as far as my second point goes am not sure about the workforce in both the offices. But, if I find something I will definitely share with you all.

All the best to everyone for their application journey.
Thanks for sharing it. It is an informative post.

Reactions: Anjanirai