+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES report says 'One year of Graduate study' for M.Sc CS

fkiddy12

Jul 23, 2013
Hi All,

WES recognized my B.Sc as Bachelors Degress and M.Sc as 'One year of Graduate Study', can I claim points for Masters here? Please help.

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
What is your 'Canadian Equivalence Summary'? If it is written as Master's Degree then you can claim points as Master's Degree, otherwise not..

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
You can claim points for what's written in the Summary on the top... If it's Bachelor's, then you can only claim for Bachelor's equivalency..

Calgary2016

Apr 2, 2015
I don't agree ,I contacted WES the summary on Top will only always show highest equalvalence on Report!

The Top of my report only showed 1 Bachelors.

You can claim for Bachelors and Masters , I did for my 2 degrees. I will be claiming two Degrees! Contact WES if onsure I did.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi Calgary2016,

The candidate's claim is not official. One can claim whatever he/she wants. CIC will only consider the claim official, if the same is backed up by ECA report. You may put anything in the EE profile, but once you get ITA, you will have to prove it by official ECA report. No two ways about it. This is what my wisdom says. If you know better then please go ahead with your application in your own way.

Calgary2016

Apr 2, 2015
This my WES Report Below:

I checked with WES They just show the Highest Qualifcation in the Summary.

If I go by your understanding I should be just putting One Degree on EE as this is in the Summary.

I have the ECA report below though to back up the two Degrees for ITA. Or am I Stupid? Thanks

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

adihrra

Apr 4, 2015
Hi ,

I read all your message and we guys seem to be in same boat.
I am also trying to find a similar answer.
can we connnect through phone once if you can pass your number.

thanks
aditya

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Calgary2016 said:
This my WES Report Below:

I checked with WES They just show the Highest Qualifcation in the Summary.

If I go by your understanding I should be just putting One Degree on EE as this is in the Summary.

I have the ECA report below though to back up the two Degrees for ITA. Or am I Stupid? Thanks

Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Even I said the same thing, you should whatever is mentioned in the Summary at the Top. As per this report you should claim for 'Bachelor's degree'.
By the way, I am sorry if I offended you in any way. All the best.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oasis.gc1 said:
Hey,

did any of you got points for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?
If the summary of your report says "Bachelor's degree" then that is all CIC will give you credit for. You can CLAIM two or more certificates, degrees, etc., and you will be happy to see your points raised, but when you submit your PR application, those points will be taken off. If your revised points put you below the lowest point number for your draw, your application will be rejected and you will have to start all over again.

It is better to claim the number of points your CES says you are entitled to, and then argue with WES or whatever agency provided the evaluation to change your final determination if you really think it was unfair.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
oasis.gc1 said:
Hey,

did any of you got points for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees?
You would have to get your WES report changed to be able to do this. You can only claim one degree as things stand now. So if you want to pursue this, your first priority should be getting your WES report changed. Until you do that, the rest is pointless.

davidravi

Jan 25, 2015
My M.Sc (CS) is also evaluated as 'One year graduate study'.

Below is my report from ECA.

Bachelor's degree (four years) and one year of graduate study