+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Bachelor's degree from Mumbai University

nishad2s

Jun 18, 2019
@ Sachsiye : Yes issue is solved for me. I resent all my mark sheets (sem 1-8) through university .
It seems they need all mark sheets through university .
Even if you do not send from college its fine for them.
but if you send only through college it wont get approved.

@vedashree : Thank you for the update. So this means we don’t have to send the college transcripts but only have to send them Degree certificate and MU attested marksheets from Semester 1 to 8, where Sem 1,2,7 and 8 have Mumbai university letterhead and Sem 3,4,5 and 6 have college letterhead on them (assuming it’s the same case for all colleges affliliated with MU).

vedashree

Jun 10, 2019
1.All semester marksheets attested by Mumbai university only (not from college)
2.degree certificate attested from MU
3. if you have transcripts from college you can get it attested from university. But i didnt see in any comment of wes asking for transcripts.

And make sure you send directly from mumbai university address. Because mine courier got rejected because of address.

Ajithshetty

Aug 1, 2019
I have applied in WES for my documents assessments of my Bachelor of Engineering degree which I completed from Mumbai University.

I have sent Xerox of all semester marksheets attested by University of Mumbai , Xerox of Degree certificate attested by University of Mumbai and Transcript which I got from college all pages attested by both College and University of Mumbai. I got my transcript for all four years which is attested by both college and University in sealed envelope from Mumbai University. I sent all these documents to WES through FedEx and I got below response from them :

University of Mumbai, India

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Accepted

2. Statement of Marks (College Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Accepted

3. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Not Accepted | Details

Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Could someone please give me instructions on what should be done for transcript to be accepted by WES.

I enquired in University of Mumbai and they confirmed that college issues the transcript for all years irrespective of who conducted exam and University just assess it.
please respond me how u dealt with the situation i had received the same

kemech211

Aug 19, 2019
Hello Friends,

I have a just last one :( sealed enveloped of (Mark sheet and Degree) attested by Controller of Examination from MUHS . According to new rule , Sealed Enveloped should be only send by University with form not by myself to WES. I don't live in India anymore and I don't know how to reach out University to get things done .

Is WES OK if I send Sealed enveloped with an explanation ? Any Suggestion.

Thanks

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello Friends,

I have a just last one :( sealed enveloped of (Mark sheet and Degree) attested by Controller of Examination from MUHS . According to new rule , Sealed Enveloped should be only send by University with form not by myself to WES. I don't live in India anymore and I don't know how to reach out University to get things done .

Is WES OK if I send Sealed enveloped with an explanation ? Any Suggestion.

Thanks
No that won't cut it. Get a representative like a family member with a signed authorization letter to go to university and get it done on your behalf.
Alternatively, I do know that there are some online agents which can also do same for a hefty price tag. Google search will get you there.

naman0811

Sep 8, 2019
1.All semester marksheets attested by Mumbai university only (not from college)
2.degree certificate attested from MU
3. if you have transcripts from college you can get it attested from university. But i didnt see in any comment of wes asking for transcripts.

And make sure you send directly from mumbai university address. Because mine courier got rejected because of address.

Hey Vedashree, thanks for the helpful update. I have one more query if you could answer for your case.

Could you please tell me whether you sent the reissued marksheets or the attested photocopies of the marksheets?

manojsingh_s

Oct 31, 2019
I have applied in WES for my documents assessments of my Bachelor of Engineering degree which I completed from Mumbai University.

I have sent Xerox of all semester marksheets attested by University of Mumbai , Xerox of Degree certificate attested by University of Mumbai and Transcript which I got from college all pages attested by both College and University of Mumbai. I got my transcript for all four years which is attested by both college and University in sealed envelope from Mumbai University. I sent all these documents to WES through FedEx and I got below response from them :

University of Mumbai, India

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Accepted

2. Statement of Marks (College Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Accepted

3. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2011

Not Accepted | Details

Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Could someone please give me instructions on what should be done for transcript to be accepted by WES.

I enquired in University of Mumbai and they confirmed that college issues the transcript for all years irrespective of who conducted exam and University just assess it.
Hi,

Did you able to sort it out? My application status is also put on hold due to the same reason. I've followed the same processes i.e. got my mark sheet, College Transcript, and Degree certificate attested from Mumbai University. All these documents were attested and returned by the university in an envelope having a stamp of Mumbai University with their address. I've pasted the envelop and courier the documents to WES. The confusion here is that the Degree Certificate which was in the same envelope got accepted, but the "Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested)" was not accepted. They are asking to send directly from the university (same status as yours). If any of the applicant or member was able to get through with this issue, can you please help? I don't want to send it again and face a similar issue. The only mistake I might have done is (not sure), that I've courier the documents from a different area (far from the university, but still in Mumbai), but I ensured that the sender address is mentioned of the University. Also courier representative ensured that nothing will be displayed in the courier about the actual place of courier (only Mumbai University).

Thanks in advance,
Manoj.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

Did you able to sort it out? My application status is also put on hold due to the same reason. I've followed the same processes i.e. got my mark sheet, College Transcript, and Degree certificate attested from Mumbai University. All these documents were attested and returned by the university in an envelope having a stamp of Mumbai University with their address. I've pasted the envelop and courier the documents to WES. The confusion here is that the Degree Certificate which was in the same envelope got accepted, but the "Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested)" was not accepted. They are asking to send directly from the university (same status as yours). If any of the applicant or member was able to get through with this issue, can you please help? I don't want to send it again and face a similar issue. The only mistake I might have done is (not sure), that I've courier the documents from a different area (far from the university, but still in Mumbai), but I ensured that the sender address is mentioned of the University. Also courier representative ensured that nothing will be displayed in the courier about the actual place of courier (only Mumbai University).

Thanks in advance,
Manoj.
I have master degree which I had pursued part time. In my case, the program was of three years (unlike the conventional masters program of two years). My second year sem 1 and third year sem 2 marksheets were issued by the university.. so Wes accepted the degree certificate but not the statement of marks, stating that the third year marksheets should be issued by the university and not college.. I called up Wes. They said that I need to ask the university to send them a letter stating that the university has issued marksheets for second year sem 1 and third year sem 2. After they received the letter they accepted my statement of marks.

manojsingh_s

Oct 31, 2019
I have master degree which I had pursued part time. In my case, the program was of three years (unlike the conventional masters program of two years). My second year sem 1 and third year sem 2 marksheets were issued by the university.. so Wes accepted the degree certificate but not the statement of marks, stating that the third year marksheets should be issued by the university and not college.. I called up Wes. They said that I need to ask the university to send them a letter stating that the university has issued marksheets for second year sem 1 and third year sem 2. After they received the letter they accepted my statement of marks.
Hello BA_Lee, Thank you very much for your reply. Just few more questions please (if you have time and can answer it). Today I called WES, but they mentioned nothing about the letter. Unfortunately, your response came after I called them. Did you complete your Masters from Mumbai University. Is this a standard letter which University issue if requested? How did you courier it? Have you re-sent the copies of the university marksheets (attested)?
Presently I am in the UK, and arranging the logistics for getting the documents is a big issue for me. So looking for information from wherever I could get.

Really appreciate your help, thanks again,
Regards,
Manoj.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Hello BA_Lee, Thank you very much for your reply. Just few more questions please (if you have time and can answer it). Today I called WES, but they mentioned nothing about the letter. Unfortunately, your response came after I called them. Did you complete your Masters from Mumbai University. Is this a standard letter which University issue if requested? How did you courier it? Have you re-sent the copies of the university marksheets (attested)?
Presently I am in the UK, and arranging the logistics for getting the documents is a big issue for me. So looking for information from wherever I could get.

Regards,
Manoj.
What did Wes say to you then. How did they suggest you solve this issue?
I have done my masters from Mumbai university. When I called Wes, I explained to the call center executive my marksheet situation. To which he said, please ask your university to explain this to them in a letter.
Now there is no standard letter format with the university. So you have to submit a request letter to them asking them to provide you with a letter to the university. You can also attach a draft which they will print on their letterhead. The submission process to Wes is the same. Ie. The registrar has to sign and affix the university stamp on the letter and on the back flap of the envelope. then the university has to courier it to Wes. However please let me k own what Wes told you over the phone....

Last edited:

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019

Regards,
Manoj.
You need to only send them the letter. No need to send them the marksheets again...

manojsingh_s

Oct 31, 2019
What did Wes say to you then. How did they suggest you solve this issue?
I have done my masters from Mumbai university. When I called Wes, I explained to the call center executive my marksheet situation. To which he said, please ask your university to explain this to them in a letter.
Now there is no standard letter format with the university. So you have to submit a request letter to them asking them to provide you with a letter to the university. You can also attach a draft which they will print on their letterhead. The submission process to Wes is the same. Ie. The registrar has to sign and affix the university stamp on the letter and on the back flap of the envelope. then the university has to courier it to Wes. However please let me k own what Wes told you over the phone....
Thanks, BA_LEE for taking out time and replying back to me, this is really helping me. I don't think that the WES executive was very sure what she was saying. I explained that Mumbai University doesn't issue Transcript for the exams conducted by them (unlike the colleges). They only attest ALL the Marksheets (including the ones that are conducted by them i.e. University), and University has already sent these documents to WES. Also, if I approach university, they will send the same document again. To this, she asked to resend the attested mark sheets that was conducted by the university. But she did not mention about any letter. Below is the status that is updated against my WES account when it was put on-hold.
==================================================================================
Graduation
Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Science, 2005
Instructions: "Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official."
Masters
Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Master of Management Studies, 2007
Instructions: "Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official."
=================================================================================

However, I think that letter from the University should solve the purpose. If you don't mind, can you send me the draft copy of the letter so I can approch the University. My email id is manojsingh_s@yahoo.com. (after manojsingh there is a underscore _ )

Your help is much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Manoj Singh.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
Thanks, BA_LEE for taking out time and replying back to me, this is really helping me. I don't think that the WES executive was very sure what she was saying. I explained that Mumbai University doesn't issue Transcript for the exams conducted by them (unlike the colleges). They only attest ALL the Marksheets (including the ones that are conducted by them i.e. University), and University has already sent these documents to WES. Also, if I approach university, they will send the same document again. To this, she asked to resend the attested mark sheets that was conducted by the university. But she did not mention about any letter. Below is the status that is updated against my WES account when it was put on-hold.
==================================================================================
Graduation
Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Science, 2005
Instructions: "Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official."
Masters
Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Master of Management Studies, 2007
Instructions: "Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official."
=================================================================================

However, I think that letter from the University should solve the purpose. If you don't mind, can you send me the draft copy of the letter so I can approch the University. My email id is manojsingh_s@yahoo.com. (after manojsingh there is a underscore _ )

Your help is much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Manoj Singh.
So they haven't accepted the statement of marks for both the bachelors and masters degree?

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
So they haven't accepted the statement of marks for both the bachelors and masters degree?
Also, did you also send them the transcripts along with the marksheets.... I'm wondering why does the instruction for your masters degree only say please ask the academic institution to directly send your marksheets to them.... Haven't you already done that...?
They have such strange and vague reasons...