+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA

Jul 27, 2016
I HAVE COMPLETED DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL FROM INDIA, COURSE LENGTH IN INDIA WAS FOR 3 YEARS.
I APPLIED FOR WES ECA IN ORDER TO MAKE EE PROFILE BUT I ONLY GOT 2 YEARS OF CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY.
WITH 2 YEARS OF EQUIVALENCY I DO NOT HAVE EVEN 400 POINTS.
WHAT SHOULD I DO REGARDING THIS?
SHOULD I APPLY IN OTHER AGENCIES WHICH ARE LISTED ON CIC WEBSITE? :'(

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
I do not think applying to other ECA agencies will help.
You can try to improve your IELTS score or learn French. This will boost your CRS score

Oys

Apr 30, 2017
How is ECA to be done? I went through the WES website but I found it confusing. What is the difference between a transcript and a degree? Please help

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Oys said:
How is ECA to be done? I went through the WES website but I found it confusing. What is the difference between a transcript and a degree? Please help
Degree is the certificate which mentions that the candidate has passed this exam and is awarded this degree. It's the official certificate issued by the concerned university.

Transcript is a certificate which enumerates all the subjects taken during the education, and marks or grades achieved in all of them. It's also issued by a university/college. e.g. if your course is 2 years, then transcript will enumerate all the subjects taken during this two years and marks obtained.

Both of the above are issued on official letterhead.

shelly1911

May 4, 2017
:eek: after read your post, I am worried now
I did my bachelor in commerce accounting in Australia, the course was 3 years, however, i got some exemption from the previous course (Diploma of Tourism ) I did, so it was only 2 and half year, i am waiting for the result from WES, anyone know will that equivalent to Bachelor in Canada as it wasnt 3 years ? Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Doesn't matter, I did my maitrise in 1 year it got evaluated as bachelor 4 years

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Oys said:
A degree : a clear copy of the Diploma or Bachelor: the piece paper stating that you were awarded so and so....- this has to be sent by you.
A transcript : a record of courses showing grades - this has to be sent by the institution where you studied(stamped , signed and sealed).

sahil.2301

Apr 24, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Hi.
My WES account was previously showing that documents received. Review in progress. But just now I received a mailman stating that waiting for required documents. However I sent my documents as per WES guidelines. I had applied for master degree evaluation as my bachelor's degree was evaluated last year. Any idea what should I do now?

Tridz-Bee

May 5, 2017
So, here I am sharing my ECA experience [via WES] for all of you:
Order Date/Online Payment to WES: 16-April
WES Status - Waiting for required documents: 16-April
University Transcripts Dispatch (from Mumbai, IN): 18-April
Transcripts Delivery Date in Toronto: 20-April
WES Status - Documents Received, Review in progress: 21-April
WES Status - Evaluation in Progress: 27-April
WES Status - Evaluation Completed Notification: 5-May
WES Report Available Online to Download: 5-May
The entire process took only 11 business days.
Thank you everyone in this forum for all your tips for a fast and quick evaluation.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
sahil.2301 said:
Hi.
My WES account was previously showing that documents received. Review in progress. But just now I received a mailman stating that waiting for required documents. However I sent my documents as per WES guidelines. I had applied for master degree evaluation as my bachelor's degree was evaluated last year. Any idea what should I do now?
This exactly happened with me.
Explanation: they received the degrees you sent them , they did not receive the transcripts from your university yet.
You can contact them by filling the online form , in 2-3 days they will send you the details : what is received and what is not.

Oys

Apr 30, 2017
The degrees we need to send and transcripts the University would send them? Can't we send both of it together?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Oys said:
The degrees we need to send and transcripts the University would send them? Can't we send both of it together?
True , the answer is no unless your university refuse to send them and you need to get permission from WES to be able to send the transcripts by yourself.
I am stuck for 1 month now because the university of London did not yet sent my transcript :mad:

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
UBC 2017 said:
True , the answer is no unless your university refuse to send them and you need to get permission from WES to be able to send the transcripts by yourself.
I am stuck for 1 month now because the university of London did not yet sent my transcript :mad:
I don't think you have to get permission or anything. Check your country's guidelines, but usually it's the same thing if you ask your college/uni to seal the envelope with their stamp and give it back to you to send. That's what I did in Egypt and no permission was required.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
UBC 2017 said:
Yup.. which is exactly what I said.

"the document can be given to you to forward to us. It must be attested, dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution."

Here's a screenshot from the required documents section of my country (P.S. I didn't have to use the Academic Records Form either):