+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES degree equivalence for MBA (pgdm) from IIM and a B. Tech/B. E in Electronics

devcanada

Jun 1, 2015
As I have also completed my PGDM from GIM(Goa institute of Management).
i cannot see the GIM as institute in WES list.
College doesnot holds titles like Registrar, Controller of Exams etc. for transcripts.

Please advise how to go forward to get marks for PDGM course.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Hi, I completed my MBA (PGDM) from MDI, Gurgaon but my college is not listed in WES website for assessment, just like IIMs and other colleges offering diplomas in management. Is there a way to know that my degree would be recognised as masters equivalent in Canada before I take services of WES?

gautamj

Jun 16, 2015
Hi,
Can you tell me which 'Institute Type' you chose in the WES system for your PGDM ?
The options available are -

University Education
State Board (Technical Education)
State Board (General Nursing and Midwifery)
Professional Education
Secondary Education

I have a full time PGDM from MDI Gurgaon, and my best guess is University Education, although MDI wouldn't be considered a University.
Can you please advise as soon as possible ?

Thanks,
Gautam.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
I didn't see any option to choose out of these 5. Neither could see PGDM or a similar course. The options available are either bachelor or masters.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
gautamj said:
Hi,
Can you tell me which 'Institute Type' you chose in the WES system for your PGDM ?
The options available are -

University Education
State Board (Technical Education)
State Board (General Nursing and Midwifery)
Professional Education
Secondary Education

I have a full time PGDM from MDI Gurgaon, and my best guess is University Education, although MDI wouldn't be considered a University.
Can you please advise as soon as possible ?

Thanks,
Gautam.
Hi, I saw these 5 options when I created my WES profile. These were not visible when I was checking the free assessment tool. MDI is listed there. Now the question is to select which option out of these 5. It is surely not a university and I don't think it is professional education (which I believe refers to CA, CS, etc.)

Nymphet28

Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devcanada said:
College doesnot holds titles like Registrar, Controller of Exams etc. for transcripts.

Hi,

For GIM, get your marksheets and degree certificate attested by the PGP Chairperson. For GIM, he is the designated authority to attest documents. Put all of this in a GIM envelope and get it sealed and signed.

WES recognized my PGDM as 'Master's degree'. However my husband's PGDM from the same institute was recognized as 'Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution'. :eek:

To the people who have not got their PGDMs recognized as 'Masters'..does this affect employment opportunities in Canada?

romeo17

Aug 19, 2014
Indeed a pleasure to see IIM people ;)

Would love to know if there is watsapp group. Would also love to understand what kind of jobs who may have landed already are doing?

devcanada

Jun 1, 2015
Nymphet28 said:
Hi,

For GIM, get your marksheets and degree certificate attested by the PGP Chairperson. For GIM, he is the designated authority to attest documents. Put all of this in a GIM envelope and get it sealed and signed.

WES recognized my PGDM as 'Master's degree'. However my husband's PGDM from the same institute was recognized as 'Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution'. :eek:

To the people who have not got their PGDMs recognized as 'Masters'..does this affect employment opportunities in Canada?
Thanks i got the certificated certified from PDDM chairperson, waiting for how WES will evaluate it

mohan308

Aug 8, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am also IIM graduate planning to apply for PR Visa..I have some doubts reg the ECA WES process. Can i send all the required photocopies to WES..will it be accepted..or only University should send the copies?

KN1980

Aug 31, 2015
Just discovered this group. I have a significant challenge and wish to know why would that have happened.
I got Over CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY :: Bachelor's degree (four years)

While my B.Tech degree is marked Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

PGDM from IIM is marked as :

Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a second undergraduate major
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

I understand from some comments in this forum that people have received MBA degree marked as Master's. Does anybody has an idea around how this could have happened and what should I be doing?

Thanks.

KN1980

Aug 31, 2015
krish09 said:
Hi,

WES recognizes it as "Master Degree".
I'm from IIM Indore and did evaluation in Jul/Aug-14.

Btw...Nice to see IIM/FMS ppl here... :)
Hi Krish,
Can you please check my last post. Somehow, I have not received any equivalency for my MBA degree from IIM :eek:.

Thanks.

nvanma

Nov 17, 2015
Hi Krish, I am also a IIM Indore and wondering if you could help me understand how to get the transcripts issues from the institution.
Did you visit the campus in person or sent a mail stating your requirement to them? If it was done online or through mail, how much did they charge you and how did you pay them? If you visited the institute in person, who did you reach out to address this concern?
I know you are not accessing this portal anymore, but in case if you happen to see this message, please respond.
Thanks in Advance!

spunkysue

May 12, 2016
Hey achhabachha, how did you contact IIML to send the transcripts. Were you able to go in person?

achhabachha said:
Hello All, 8)
I am new to this place but am not new to unawareness! :eek:
I have recently posted all my education docs to WES and they are displaying the status as 'Evaluation in Progress '.
I have done full time MBA from IIM-Lucknow and have a total of 8 years of experience in IT/ITES. Before my MBA I completed a 4 years B. Tech.
Can anyone help me know how many points would be awarded to me or how would the equivalence be drawn against USA/Canadian education credentials?
I wish to know how my report look like and what could be the expected report in this situation.
Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Achhabachha 8)

karan1985

Aug 1, 2016
devcanada said:

Hi DevCanada,

I am also from GIM, nice to e-meet you ! Wanted to ask how it went and whether you got a positive eval from WES? Also, who exactly did you contact in GIM for help with this? Did you need to go there personally? Thanks and look forward to hearing from u!

RAMBO1503

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Dear All,
After researching through several posts i think India's PGDM are not fetching any marks in WES.Please correct me if i am wrong.Also is there any way we can score by doing PMP and all that certifications?