+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES degree equivalence for MBA (pgdm) from IIM and a B. Tech/B. E in Electronics

Sonayati

Sep 10, 2016
Red_DevilBah said:
Hello,

I am a NITIE Alumni, from PGDIM batch. I am done with IELTS and got the results. Now, I am going through the WES Evaluation, as IIMs, NITIE etc don't come under university education.

I wished to know which option is most appropriate in Institution type while applying for WES evaluation:
1) University Education
2) State Boards: Technical Education
3) State Boards: General Nursing and Midwifery
4) Professional Education
5) Secondary Education

Thanks
Hi Red_DevilBah, I am from NITIE too, and starting the process, can you help me how to get WES evaluation done for NITIE, I haven't been able to find the institute name in the list

bhanu888

Oct 15, 2016
RAMBO1503 said:
Dear All,
After researching through several posts i think India's PGDM are not fetching any marks in WES.Please correct me if i am wrong.Also is there any way we can score by doing PMP and all that certifications?
Hi,

Did you gt any solution?

bhanu888

Oct 15, 2016
1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management

Hi,

I have 4 year B.Tech and 1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. I want to know if my 1 year PGPM will be considered as an MBA equivalent by WES? Does a PMP certification of any help in CRS score?

ramch123

Dec 26, 2016
Hi, Iam from IIML as well and needed some inputs. Could you share your contacts when you have some time

Thanks

Chetan

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Re: 1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management

bhanu888 said:
Hi,

I have 4 year B.Tech and 1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. I want to know if my 1 year PGPM will be considered as an MBA equivalent by WES? Does a PMP certification of any help in CRS score?
No, it won't help.

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
fakenoob said:
guys you willl get the masters degree evaluation. Thats what is my opinion.

I am FMS delhi MBA ,have received the degree evaluation and m in the last phases of the PR process.

I am somewhat concerned that IIM MBA is not a degree course rather a diploma . But i have seen other guys having such diplomas getting masters equivalency assessment from WES.

so my opinion is your IIM MBA Diploma will be evaluated as a Masters degree equivalent in Canada.
To get your MBA evaluated, did WES require you to send your bachelor's degree transcripts as well, or did the MBA transcripts were enough to issue ECA ?

I ask because of this text on WES website, which can be interpreted in two different ways.

"For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation."

Mine is a 4 year B.tech + 2 year MBA and wand to make sure that to get ECA for my MBA, if i need the transcripts for B.tech aswell

sumit8383

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
achhabachha said:
I got MBA equivalence for my MBA from IIM-L. It is a full fledged masters degree as per WES. :p :p
To get your MBA evaluated, did WES require you to send your bachelor's degree transcripts as well, or did the MBA transcripts were enough to issue ECA ?

I ask because of this text on WES website, which can be interpreted in two different ways.

"For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation."

Mine is a 4 year B.tech + 2 year MBA and wand to make sure that to get ECA for my MBA, if i need the transcripts for B.tech aswell

anandb.raghu

Oct 15, 2017
1 year PGPM from Great Lakes Institute of Management

Hi,

Hi Bhanu,
Was your 1 year degree from Great Lakes recognized by WES?

aviseqdas

Jan 8, 2018
So I have a B-Tech then 1 year MBA from Great Lakes Chennai. I am confused do I have to pay twice to evaluate the MBA and B-Tech separately? Or Should I send both transcripts together. If I send both and if WES does not recognize the MBA what would the ECA look like? would it still say 4 years bachelors and 1 year unrecognized?