+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Welcome to Calgary

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
sharedknowledge said:
Thanks Jassig.

If we exclude employment issue, then as far as I understand, the only edge for Alberta is that you get Health Insurance Card immediately. However, PR Card, SIN, and Citizenship timelines are the same for all provinces. If that is true, then why one should not land in a large city like Toronto or Vancouver which have far more services, communities, and amenities of life?
Hi well you have all the amenities of life in alberta as well,for large cities I would say they are already saturated and less chance of growth I would advice all the ppl coming here is that don't go by large or small cities,you will get all the amenities almost in every town.

but the right thing to do is go to a place where your profession is in demand,as employment is the most important issue as I believe immigrants are not coming to Canada for sight seeing they basically come here to get a better life which is possible by getting a good job and growth oppurtunities.

cheers

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
jassig said:
Hi well you have all the amenities of life in alberta as well,for large cities I would say they are already saturated and less chance of growth I would advice all the ppl coming here is that don't go by large or small cities,you will get all the amenities almost in every town.

but the right thing to do is go to a place where your profession is in demand,as employment is the most important issue as I believe immigrants are not coming to Canada for sight seeing they basically come here to get a better life which is possible by getting a good job and growth oppurtunities.

cheers
I second that, and with it I ask is choosing Calgary the best decision as a Mech.engineer ?

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
mr.Hope said:
I second that, and with it I ask is choosing Calgary the best decision as a Mech.engineer ?
well don't really know about it but I believe Edmonton might be a good choice over Calgary or even reddeer or fort mc murray as lot of oil companies need mech engineers

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
jassig said:
well don't really know about it but I believe Edmonton might be a good choice over Calgary or even reddeer or fort mc murray as lot of oil companies need mech engineers
thanks for sharing. since they're in the same province I think it wouldn't be a problem to relocate. Does ALBERTA has Manufacturing sector as big as oil/gas sector too ?

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
jassig said:
Hi Jassig

Good Job , appreciate that !!

I am an International student from India, coming to Canada for my Masters ( 2 Years)
My univerisity (Concordia , edmonton) has taken $300 for health coverage
I want to know how does it benefit us?

Moreover, the alberta health card, is it valid for international students also? And how to get that card?

Thanks

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
parul154 said:
Hi Jassig

Good Job , appreciate that !!

I am an International student from India, coming to Canada for my Masters ( 2 Years)
My univerisity (Concordia , edmonton) has taken $300 for health coverage
I want to know how does it benefit us?

Moreover, the alberta health card, is it valid for international students also? And how to get that card?

Thanks
Hi ,
I believe the health card is only for PR its good that you have insurance will try to find out more

Thanks

parul154

Feb 25, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
IELTS Request
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
10-06-2014
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
Submitted pp with application (paper based)
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
jassig said:
Hi ,
I believe the health card is only for PR its good that you have insurance will try to find out more

Thanks
Sure
Please do let me know
I contacted few seniors of my univ and they said health card is for everyone. But I am not sure.

Posting this link for ur ref :

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-locations.html

Please let me know

anil_india

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
F T D- 18-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-07-2010 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Band-7.5
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
eCAS - IN PROCESS (Jan 2012)
Med's Done....
JULY 2, 2012 (PP sent)
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 2013 (PP received)
LANDED..........
May 2013.
hey friends

how are jobs in banks to enter?

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
jassig said:

cheers
Thanks for your insights. I just wanted to know why should I 'land' in Alberta? In other words, what advantages I would get compared to landing in, say, Toronto?

+1 for you, Jassig.

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
jassig said:

cheers
Hi,

Totally agree!!

Which province/city is best suited for IT/java professionals in terms of getting a good job easily and growth opportunities?

Also how are job prospects for Sales professionals with Indian experience?

Thanks!!

Vincentlouise

Feb 27, 2014
Hello everyone I am a new comer here in Calgary and
I want to process my PR as soon as possible.
What are my best option to qualify to get my PR.
I have 2 years contract here as a cook. I have 7 years experienced
as a cook in a cruise ship and 3 years in the Middle East . I need your good
and legal advice thanks a lot and God bless. :D

fswapplicant08082014

Jul 19, 2014
jassig said:
hi as mr hope said both are cold ,but Calgary does get Chinook winds which increases the temp in the winter months and the rockies are closer to Calgary then to Edmonton so you can have good weekend trip ne time u decide .

cheers
thank you jassig

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
jassig said:
Hi fellow country men/women,

i am starting this tread to share my experience and help ppl planning to immigrate to calgary.

i am willing to help ppl even after they land and help them settle down and have a nice group of ppl helping each other so that we dont struggle alone and always help each other and become like a give and take group :D as you will always need help in settling down in this far away cold land of dreams CANADA :-*

keep in touch guys

GOOD ONE PAL