Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013
Not sure if this has been outlined here but we had some difficulty finding out the info so I thought I would show our steps to receive a U.S. visitors visa.

For folks here that have a PR card and would like to visit the U.S. but are NOT visa exempt.

The process is actually pretty straight forward…..once you know where to go to apply.

First step is to visit the following site and apply for the Nonimmigrant Visa (DS-160)

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

There is a lot of information to fill out here but it is straight forward and has a pretty good FAQ as well as a help section when you get stumped.

You will be required to upload a recent photo and the one mistake we made was using a photo that was a few months old. Be sure to use a current one as the customs officer will look at the photo and if they feel the photo is to old they will send you to re-take the photo. Not a big deal but if you can avoid it you might as well.

Once your form is complete you will be able to print out your form….this is what you will take for your interview. YES…..there will be an interview 

So this is where we dropped the ball….for some reason I assumed we would be contacted to set up an interview….NOPE…..you need to pay the $160.00 visa fee and schedule the interview yourself. Go to the following site as soon as you complete and print out your DS-160.

https://usvisa-info.com/

You select the Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant tab and follow the directions. Again it’s very straight forward and the last step you will use your credit card to pay the fee. Once the fee is paid you will be given the opportunity to schedule your interview.

We did ours in Calgary and the next available interview spot was only 2 days away 

The interview itself was very simple. Basically if you are a PR in Canada it is really easy (well it was for us….no guarantee it will be the same). We went with all kinds of into to show that my wife had no intentions of staying in the U.S. Such as marriage certificate, Mortgage paperwork, business documents etc. They never asked to see any of it…. Long story short, they asked the following…

Where in the U.S. are you planning to go?
What is the reason for your visit?
What do you do in Canada?
Are you Married?

Once she told them she was PR and married to a Canadian the interview was over. All in all 5 min total time.

There was no way to know if we got the visa….or what the duration of the visa would be but they did ask for her to leave them her passport (obviously they were going to approve the visa as they need it to insert it into the passport) we were told that we would have it back in approx one week. About 3 days later we had a call from Loomis courier to pick it up. The visa she received was a 10 year visitor visa fixed inside her passport.

I hope this info helps and don’t hesitate to msg me up if you have any other questions.

ramcal

May 4, 2013
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2013
LANDED..........
April 11, 2014
thank you for sharing :)

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
What about if you're a temporary worker in Canada? Please share your experience and what are the questions and documents they ask. Thanks

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
silver1968 said:
I hope this info helps and don't hesitate to msg me up if you have any other questions.
Very good and helpful summation of the experience. Good work. Thank you so much.

viranee

May 10, 2013
silver1968 said:
Not sure if this has been outlined here but we had some difficulty finding out the info so I thought I would show our steps to receive a U.S. visitors visa.
Thanks for the info.

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Thanks for sharing, indeed helpful...

sailorgal

Mar 12, 2014
wsongco said:
What about if you're a temporary worker in Canada? Please share your experience and what are the questions and documents they ask. Thanks
I got my US visa wayback 2011 when i was still a live-in caregiver, same on how silver1968 did the process, i can recall the website wasn't very friendly but i was able to upload picture from my camera for the photo required.
Interview question were " How long have you been in Canada?", "Are You Married?", "do you have kids, how many"?, "are you sponsoring them?"
"what is the purpose of your visit to US"? "Which place are you planning to visit?"
Then the officer even told me that i got visa for 10 yrs. You just have to be patient lining up for the interview,was march when i went to Toronto for the interview and was cold lining up outside. It's worth all the effort though, i have already visited a lot of places in US.

passport should be handy when you file online the DS-160,You will be asked for information about your employer, including the employer’s address.

may25

Mar 28, 2013
wsongco said:
Hi, I just ask i already received my AIP, what's next?
thank you wsongso GOD Bless :)

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
may25 said:
Hi, I just ask i already received my AIP, what's next?
thank you wsongso GOD Bless :)

R
That's good. Are you single?

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
I have just submitted and got an interview for 1st week of Sep:( Real nervous coz i visited the states 6 years ago

dr_ziad80

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Could i ask thus question

In your home country , if you apply with ur origional passport befor ur pr then how many years of visa do they usually give .? Is it a 10 year one ?

The reason im asking is do you think us give 10 years to all those.who have pr

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr_ziad80 said:

In your home country , if you apply with ur origional passport befor ur pr then how many years of visa do they usually give .? Is it a 10 year one ?

Not necessary. USA has with each country, what it calls a Reciprocity Agreement. The agreement with Vietnam clearly states a B1/B2 visa of 12 months i.e 1 year. Here's the link:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/VM.html

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr_ziad80 said:

Its up to the consular officer...some 'upgrade' you to the reciprocity for the citizens of the country in which you hold PR. So in this case if you are a Canadian PR they give you a 'Canadian Citizen' level visa issuance. They can also give you that of your home country, less than that of your home country or anywhere between the Canadian Citizen level and that of your home country. Most PRs never get to use it to the 10 year mark where issued as they naturalize and obtain a Canadian Passport before then.