+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to visit Canada from New York

Siddharthhhh6

Aug 21, 2013
Hi Friends, currently I am in USA on F-1 student visa pursuing MBA. Currently I live in New York. I want to apply for Canada visitor Visa and if possible after that willing to apply for work permit and PR. How I should go step by step please guide me. I have completed my bachelors in physiotherapy from India which also comes under skilled worker category in Canada. Please guide me and give me possible suggestions. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Information on applying for a visitor visa is here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

To apply for a work permit you need a full time job offer from an employer in Canada and an approved LMIA. So you need to start by finding an employer in Canada who is willing to offer you a job and who can also obtain an approved LMIA.

Information about Canada's immigration programs is in the link below. There are several different programs and you will need to research each. You will need at least one year of full time work experience to apply. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Toki

Oct 24, 2016
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
1 Dec 2016
Nomination.....
Hoping
AOR Received.
Hoping
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Hoping
Med's Request
Hoping
Med's Done....
Hoping
Interview........
Hoping
Passport Req..
Hoping
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping
LANDED..........
Hoping
Canada doesn't have an in-country conversion process from Visitor to work permit as in the US.
You have 2 program streams in provinces and at the federal level being the EE and OID which you should try to profile yourself against.

Yes, do approach a company to offer you a job, the job will need a LMIA/LMO process which is not hard technically but you will have to compete on the same opportunity for 2 months with 1-Canadian nationals and 2-PR Holders.

So the employer with the help of a lawyer or not should create the LMO/LMIA in a way that it fits your shoes (a Cinderella type in relation with the glass shoe)
so as you can see it's time consuming and therefore unless the employer is eager to help and wants you real bad ..... they will do it.
Some hate the process altogether