+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting from decision from 3 months !!!

itzsh113

Aug 27, 2018
Bangladesh
Hi

My hearing was in November 2023 .. did not get table decision.. its been long 3 months that I am waiting get a decision.. lawyer is saying in some cases it is take 5-6 months to get a decision ..

Should I call IRB and ask about it ?

Raptors_V

Feb 25, 2024
If they Want to approve mostly Will give you decision on the spot after your hearing,
or Within a month.
3 Months is a Red Flag now

Reactions: itzdrmac

Raptors_V

Feb 25, 2024
Hi

My hearing was in November 2023 .. did not get table decision.. its been long 3 months that I am waiting get a decision.. lawyer is saying in some cases it is take 5-6 months to get a decision ..

Lets Hope for Positive output… Good wishes to you…

Raptors_V

Feb 25, 2024
Yeah .. hoping for the best.. thanks

lucky you
But My case was diffrent…
On my first hearing they said you will receive the decision,
After 3-4 months they send email and mail saying My application is denied..

Then I reappeal it and got approved and then on 2nd hearing

on 2nd hearing Table decision was there approved

Reactions: itzsh113

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If they Want to approve mostly Will give you decision on the spot after your hearing,
or Within a month.
3 Months is a Red Flag now
That is incorrect. Some members give results on the day while some never do. It comes down to personal preference of the member. Not being told the results on the day doesn’t mean anything. Most should receive results by mail in a few weeks to around 6-8 weeks depending on how organized the member is and whether they are up-to-date with their administrative tasks. Any longer than 8 weeks typically indicates that the member wants to do further research, needed more time to consider the case, etc. It was also not an obvious no since negative NOD results are often sent out as quickly as clear approvals so all you can do is wait and see what happens. It must be frustrating to be told to be patient but at this point there isn’t anything you can do except for confirming with your lawyer that they have also not heard anything from IRB.

Raptors_V

Feb 25, 2024
That is incorrect. Some members give results on the day while some never do. It comes down to personal preference of the member. Not being told the results on the day doesn’t mean anything. Most should receive results by mail in a few weeks to around 6-8 weeks depending on how organized the member is and whether they are up-to-date with their administrative tasks. Any longer than 8 weeks typically indicates that the member wants to do further research, needed more time to consider the case, etc. It was also not an obvious no since negative NOD results are often sent out as quickly as clear approvals so all you can do is wait and see what happens. It must be frustrating to be told to be patient but at this point there isn’t anything you can do except for confirming with your lawyer that they have also not heard anything from IRB.
Thats what I said In few lines….
Anything longer than 8 week typically indicate that they want to do more research so its kinda Flag
So I said the same thing :)

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi

don't be discouraged and hope for the best, yes contact IRB if you can but to be honest I dont think that will help with your case but may help alleviate some anxiety.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Hi

Maybe you or your lawyer can send an email and request about the status of your decission but sadly they have up to 6 months for send you the decission and believe me, They can do it! It happened to me. 6 months exactly after my hearing , my lawyer got the email with the notice of decission.

It´s hard and you are worried but be relax, when they deny it is same day or two weeks later. Depending on how complex is your case, could take more time. The notice of decission is not only yes (or not). They send a long document explaining the resasons why they approved your case. Sometimes takes time because the officer needs to write many pages. In my case it was 9 pages!

Be patience. You are close to get the decission. Good luck!

Reactions: ref19to22

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thats what I said In few lines….
Anything longer than 8 week typically indicate that they want to do more research so its kinda Flag
So I said the same thing :)
You said that if you are getting approved most people will be told during the hearing which isn’t correct. Many members never tell people results during the hearing. It is up to the member.

PoMandy

Mar 3, 2024
Hi

PoMandy

Mar 3, 2024
Hi.

I also had my hearing in November 2023 and up to now there is no response. We are in the same boat. Lets wait and see....but anxiety is killing me:D