+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR stamp but need to be in Canada to continue job..

searchin82

Sep 30, 2017
Hello All,

I'm looking for some urgent advice here.

I have current job in Canada, have lived there for almost 2 and a half years. I came to India for vacation but on my return journey was told that my visa expired. (Visa officer had extended it for a year upon my first time landing in Canada as I had traveled a year later, but her never told me that the extension for one year was not multiple entry). My work permit is valid till May next year.

Shocked by this I went to VFS (visa facilitation centre). I actually had two options, either a visitor visa or COPR (I had a request from CPC-Ottawa for my passport). VFS informed me that COPR processing would be faster, 10-12 calendar days, so I sent my passport for PR stamping to New Delhi office. It has been 17 calendar days now, and I'm yet to receive my passport.

As a result my work is seriously getting affected. I had to cancel all client meetings for last 2 weeks and unable to work full time and with team members. I do not know when my passport will arrive and my job in Canada would be in jeopardy.

Before starting on my travel to India, I had emailed CPC Ottawa checking the time frame for passport return in order to continue on my vacation but there was no response, so I continued on my journey. I have sent a copy of this email with my application.

Is the delay because request for my passport came for CPC Ottawa and I submitted it at Delhi? I've sent a letter explaining that, also have sent my offer letter and letter of employment from my employer and the rental agreement for my apartment.

My wife's passport was also requested by Ottawa office, now I need to submit hers at New Delhi office but I'm waiting for my passport for arrive first.

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to speed up the process.

FYI - a visa extension is never multiple-entry. All it does is allow someone to remain in Canada longer.

searchin82

Sep 30, 2017
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to speed up the process.

FYI - a visa extension is never multiple-entry. All it does is allow someone to remain in Canada longer.

Thanks for the reply Scylla. Yes, I learnt it the hard way.

I was hoping that there would be a way they would process it faster given my situation.