waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
hi friends

iam also waiting for my PR card. its been 70 days.

how can i find out the status of my case as some ppl here are already aware tht there cards are dispatched.

plz advise

Regards

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
theaniss said:
It's been already 4 months since we landed in Toronto. My daughter got her PR card but my wife and am still waiting for it. COPR has also expired. Now I need to visit back home urgently.

My question:

1) How to contact the CIC to know if they have already mailed the cards? The official number of CIC is always busy and can't talk to anyone.

2) If I apply for a travel document, my COPR has already expired. Further, the cards could also have been sent already.

Please, folks, suggest some ideas. Have been in a dilemma for a long time.
Same case here. I came here with my family in Feb and still haven't heard anything from CIC since 4 months. My daughter got her card and my wife was asked to send the photos in April. I called them 5 days back and was told they requested my photos on May for which I haven't received any mail. The agent said to send me the email request for which I printed and sent them the photos. Not sure when it will reach (Canada Post lockout) and when my PR card would be sent. My wife's card has been dispatched its told.

Problem is, COPR expired. What if I got to apply something inside Canada like new job or enroll for some studies? They would possibly look for my COPR which been expired.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
sk540 said:
hi friends

how can i find out the status of my case as some ppl here are already aware tht there cards are dispatched.

plz advise

Regards

Hi,

Call 1-888-242-2100

You will hear various options. I followed the below

1. Call the number
2. Press 2 for following up on PR card
3. Then from the next set of options, press 3 for PR card
4. Then press 2 for new PRs
5. Finally press 0 to talk to CIC agent

Wait time on the phone is usually 5-10 mins. Keep in hand your UCI number. They will also ask you personal questions to confirm your identity.

Hopefully you get a good CIC agent.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Problem is, COPR expired. What if I got to apply something inside Canada like new job or enroll for some studies? They would possibly look for my COPR which been expired.
[/quote]

As long as you've landed, you're okay to apply for jobs,etc. Just show your potential employers your signed COPR. It doesn't matter if it's expired.

Jul 7, 2016
hooman_m said:
I hope you get your card asap. may i ask what was the dimention of the photo you submitted? 35*45 or 50*70 and did they ask you to resubmit photo?
They didn't ask a re-submit of photo, because I had bought the larger sized photo with me, I just gave them what I had during immigration (1st entry in canada as PR). I have already been in Canada via a Visitor visa earlier.

Jul 7, 2016
sk540 said:
hi friends

plz advise

Regards
You are still a PR as long you are in Canada, regardless of the COPR being dispatched. I had asked this question to a Border Immigration officer and she said that the status is internally noted as PR by the UCI number. Hence you are not illegal just because you don't have a PR card in hand. COPR on it's own + the stamp on your passport holds its authenticity.

permanent_res1

Star Member
May 2, 2015
tyrionLannister said:
You are still a PR as long you are in Canada, regardless of the COPR being dispatched. I had asked this question to a Border Immigration officer and she said that the status is internally noted as PR by the UCI number. Hence you are not illegal just because you don't have a PR card in hand. COPR on it's own + the stamp on your passport holds its authenticity.
Good point @tyrionlannister. Even I was wondering why one should be so worried about PR card when there is COPR and stamp on the passport. No body will reject your PR status after your landing. why is the worry among the applicants? if travel is the worry then we can apply for travel document from the home country after travelling.

Jul 7, 2016
permanent_res1 said:
Good point @tyrionlannister. Even I was wondering why one should be so worried about PR card when there is COPR and stamp on the passport. No body will reject your PR status after your landing. why is the worry among the applicants? if travel is the worry then we can apply for travel document from the home country after travelling.
The worry is because the application of the travel document if subject to processing times, the processing times require you to be without passport since its usually 7-9 days or 2 weeks for some, and that is dangerous and cant hamper flight plans when on strict schedule.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
permanent_res1 said:
The worry is because the PR card is needed to travel, but also for health cards (like in BC). I think the added worry now is that Canada Post has slowed down and might even go on strike, and Pr cards might be in postal limbo. I also hope they don't get lost.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
immigrantbee said:
Hi,

Call 1-888-242-2100

You will hear various options. I followed the below

1. Call the number
2. Press 2 for following up on PR card
3. Then from the next set of options, press 3 for PR card
4. Then press 2 for new PRs
5. Finally press 0 to talk to CIC agent

Wait time on the phone is usually 5-10 mins. Keep in hand your UCI number. They will also ask you personal questions to confirm your identity.

Hopefully you get a good CIC agent.

Thanks alot inmigrantbee.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
tyrionLannister said:
i need to travel by end of August, thts why need to hv PR card :)

Singlemum_chennai

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-03-2018
Doc's Request.
13-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Med's Request
13-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-03-2018
I landed on April 8 2016...90 days after still no PR card...
I will call on Monday to find out the status, the webpage (ecas) doesnt have option to put in your 5688 number. Is any one who landed in Toronto around April, still waiting?

Jul 7, 2016
Just an update:

Some one who works in Canada post said that the strike can go longer. I have confirmed this personally by calling a Canada post supervisor in Edmonton. So don't make travel plans at all if you can. The lockout and disruption can go on for weeks. This doesn't mean they wouldn't deliver, they would be highly inefficient in delivering at this time. They are technically locked out of the sorting facilities too with an exception to government / pension oriented postal.

Ca Postette

Jul 6, 2016
Hello, I received the request for new photos to continue processing my PR card. I re took them and sent them back with the photo specification document, on which it specified to return it with the new photos. I thought that was a bit odd since it had nothing more than my first and last name on it. Did I miss a document I was supposed to return it with? If so, would it be wise to just RE re take the photos and send them with the document? (sorry for the repost, no response or info I've read to help quite yet)

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am here to spread some good news, wish those ppl who are waiting their pr cards will get it soon!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/canada-post-drops-lockout-threat/article30847931/