Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
PMC89 said:
Looks some people's PR card is getting delayed. However, a friend of mine who landed on April 20, got his PR Card on the last week of June. Close to 8 weeks. I landed on June 21st, hopefully I can receive mine by August.
I landed on April 28 and still waiting. If you landed in June, you probably won't get it till at least September. And if there is a strike, then who knows? Is it wrong that I am mad at Canada Post right now? :mad:

Skywalker09

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07/09/2014
Med's Request
07/20/2015
Med's Done....
08/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/23/2015
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2015
LANDED..........
05/07/2016
Mali_0 said:
Has anyone who was told the PR card was sent on Monday (July 4th) received it?
On the same boat. Checking the mail tonight. Hopefully it will be there. Keep the faith. :)

mel713

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Calgary AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
Just made a trip to my local Canada post outlet asked them to check if they have ever received any mail from CIC regarding my card. They didn't get any and asked if I have a tracking number.

I thought the pr card would be sent by regular mail from Sydney NS, is that correct? Does the mail have a tracking number on it at all?

I am in Calgary and the agent from my outlet said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to receive a regular mail sent from Sydney. It will be exactly 3 weeks since my card was out from CIC but I still don't hear anything by now. So worried if the card is getting stuck somewhere in Canada Post.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
mel713 said:
Just made a trip to my local Canada post outlet asked them to check if they have ever received any mail from CIC regarding my card. They didn't get any and asked if I have a tracking number.

I thought the pr card would be sent by regular mail from Sydney NS, is that correct? Does the mail have a tracking number on it at all?

I am in Calgary and the agent from my outlet said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to receive a regular mail sent from Sydney. It will be exactly 3 weeks since my card was out from CIC but I still don't hear anything by now. So worried if the card is getting stuck somewhere in Canada Post.
My husband's PR card took about 5 days to get to Calgary from Sydney.

mel713

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Calgary AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-04-2016
joolery said:
My husband's PR card took about 5 days to get to Calgary from Sydney.
Perfect. Now I have a very reasonable ground to be worried!

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
Hi guys, need an urgent help on this regards. My processing on FSW was done from Warsaw, Poland and it was on June 2015 I paid for the landing fees. Got my visa, came to Canada after 8 months and it's been almost 4 months am here in Canada now.

Now I received an email from the same office asking to repay the landing fees mentioning my payment was rejected by Financial Section in Canada.

It can't be spam, as the email is right, and the payment instructions prompts to CIC website link. If it was fake, it would ask me payment through western union or some kind of drafts.

Though I have replied it, I am yet to receive a reply. The time to repay was 30 days and I have 2 days remaining as I saw the email a day ago.

I called CIC and the agent says they don't know about other offices outside Canada so I must talk to them. I am still waiting to get my PR card and have recently sent new photos.

Please advise. Does this happen? What should I do?

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
Hi guys, need an urgent help on this regards. My processing on FSW was done from Warsaw, Poland and it was on June 2015 I paid for the landing fees. Got my visa, came to Canada after 8 months and it's been almost 4 months am here in Canada now.

Now I received an email from the same office asking to repay the landing fees mentioning my payment was rejected by Financial Section in Canada.

It can't be spam, as the email is right, and the payment instructions prompts to CIC website link. If it was fake, it would ask me payment through western union or some kind of drafts.

Though I have replied it, I am yet to receive a reply. The time to repay was 30 days and I have 2 days remaining as I saw the email a day ago.

I called CIC and the agent says they don't know about other offices outside Canada so I must talk to them. I am still waiting to get my PR card and have recently sent new photos.

Pay the damn thing and deal with money later (if it is actually LEGIT).
Seriously, do you want to risk your PR for lousy $$$?
Deal with the refund later.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:

DON"T pay it. Looks like it's a scam. If you are already landed in Canada as permanent resident, no way can you lose it unless you don't fulfil the residency obligation. Unless CIC don't get the landing fees, they would have never issued you visa in the first place. Make sure that the website that you are looking at is real, not look-alike. This sort of look-alike web scam is on the rise in Canada these days.

http://windsor.ctvnews.ca/cra-scam-goes-online-1.2977661

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:

How did you initially pay for your fees? If by credit card, I suggest you check all the bank statements from that date until now to see if there is a credit back to your credit card which would mean that they did not receive your money for some reason and sent it back. I think you should look into why the payment was rejected, if that is the case. As far as I know, when payments by credit cards get declined, the charged amount should not be posted as a transaction. If the transaction is posted and you paid it off and you never got it back, then they already have your payment and I don't see why they would reject it.
I wouldn't make this payment again until I am certain that first, it is a legit email with legitimate links to the CIC website, and second, there is a valid reason behind the rejected transaction.

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
MySky said:
How did you initially pay for your fees? If by credit card, I suggest you check all the bank statements from that date until now to see if there is a credit back to your credit card which would mean that they did not receive your money for some reason and sent it back. I think you should look into why the payment was rejected, if that is the case. As far as I know, when payments by credit cards get declined, the charged amount should not be posted as a transaction. If the transaction is posted and you paid it off and you never got it back, then they already have your payment and I don't see why they would reject it.
I wouldn't make this payment again until I am certain that first, it is a legit email with legitimate links to the CIC website, and second, there is a valid reason behind the rejected transaction.
I paid all the fees by Draft which was sent from my home country to Receiver General of Canada.

The emails and links all are authentic and even the payment option goes to CIC website. The case number is mentioned correctly.

Mentioned below is the email for your information:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be informed that your cheque for amount of $980 CDN has been rejected by our Financial Section in Canada on 30/05/2016.

Therefore, you are requested to submit a new fee within 30 days from the date of this correspondence.

Please note that we accept fees paid on-line (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?)
We also accept payments made by money order, bank draft or certified cheque payable to “Receiver General for Canada” in Canadian Dollars drawn on a Canadian bank.

For more information please see our website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/poland-pologne/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

Sincerely,

Immigration Section/Section d'Immigration
Embassy of Canada/Ambassade du Canada
ul. Piekna 2/8
00-482 Warsaw, Poland/00-482 Varsovie, Pologne
warsaw-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Ph. (48 22) 584-3100, Fax (48 22) 584-3194

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone received PR Card this week? Canada Post gonna lock out by next Monday...
http://www.canadianbusiness.com/companies-and-industries/canada-post-will-still-deliver-these-things-during-a-strike-or-lockout/

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theaniss said:
I paid all the fees by Draft which was sent from my home country to Receiver General of Canada.

The emails and links all are authentic and even the payment option goes to CIC website. The case number is mentioned correctly.

Mentioned below is the email for your information:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please be informed that your cheque for amount of $980 CDN has been rejected by our Financial Section in Canada on 30/05/2016.

Therefore, you are requested to submit a new fee within 30 days from the date of this correspondence.

Please note that we accept fees paid on-line (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?)
We also accept payments made by money order, bank draft or certified cheque payable to “Receiver General for Canada” in Canadian Dollars drawn on a Canadian bank.

For more information please see our website: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/poland-pologne/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

Sincerely,

Immigration Section/Section d'Immigration
Embassy of Canada/Ambassade du Canada
ul. Piekna 2/8
00-482 Warsaw, Poland/00-482 Varsovie, Pologne
warsaw-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Ph. (48 22) 584-3100, Fax (48 22) 584-3194
Now that I read the email, it looks legit. Go ahead and pay it. Make sure that you try to reimburse your draft money back from your previous bank.

theaniss

Jul 4, 2016
sarad1 said:
Now that I read the email, it looks legit. Go ahead and pay it. Make sure that you try to reimburse your draft money back from your previous bank.
It could be a possible mistake too. Just imagine, 2 people having same name could be mistaken.

The email says "This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada". This step was done a year ago, and if this wasn't done, how could i land in Canada?

Further, rejection or approval of amount is done at the time before giving landing papers and visa. Its been a year and after an year they its suspicious if you hear your payment was rejected. A high commission can't do simple mistakes like validating the payment so late.

Thirdly, they could have called me since I am already in the database of CIC. They have my numbers and my address. Once someone comes to Canada, Immigration sends them postal mails for every correspondence, be it PR related photos or any issues or any other citizenship issues. This is an email i received, which we do for correspondence before our PR is approved.

Please suggest upon my points.