+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

vinzkum192

Sep 18, 2017
Hi All,

I'm a newbie, will be traveling to Canada next month with my family.
As I don't have much leaves, I need to return back to India in less than a week's time.

I have few questions, request you all to help with your answers please:
1) Can I give my friend's address for the PR card to be delivered?
2) Do I need to apply for a new PR card after my arrival? OR will it be delivered to the given address?
3) Will I be asked to show the funds at the time of my arrival?

Pl help with your advice if I need to anything else for my travel. Thank you.

Regards,
Vinze

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hi All,

I'm a newbie, will be traveling to Canada next month with my family.
As I don't have much leaves, I need to return back to India in less than a week's time.

I have few questions, request you all to help with your answers please:
1) Can I give my friend's address for the PR card to be delivered?
2) Do I need to apply for a new PR card after my arrival? OR will it be delivered to the given address?
3) Will I be asked to show the funds at the time of my arrival?

Pl help with your advice if I need to anything else for my travel. Thank you.

Regards,
Vinze

Hi,

"PR card" application starts after you have landed, it doesnt start before (so you can expect to get receive your card in Canada after 60 to 80 days)

Answers to your questions.
1. Yes you can, at your arrival the officer will ask your canadian address where will you be residing, it can be a friend/family address.
2. Your PR card application is made by the officer at the border services (airport, or land).
You are not going to receive the PR card the same day on your landing, it is a Govt office and like any other Govt office delays are expected :)
3. Sometimes they do ask about proof of funds too. Just to be on the safe side keep your all your documents handy during landing.

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Landed on 21st July,

Today the PR card application status says approved.

There was no email specifying the change made in CIC site. I hope to receive PR card in a week or so.

vinzkum192

Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

"PR card" application starts after you have landed, it doesnt start before (so you can expect to get receive your card in Canada after 60 to 80 days)

1. Yes you can, at your arrival the officer will ask your canadian address where will you be residing, it can be a friend/family address.
2. Your PR card application is made by the officer at the border services (airport, or land).
You are not going to receive the PR card the same day on your landing, it is a Govt office and like any other Govt office delays are expected :)
3. Sometimes they do ask about proof of funds too. Just to be on the safe side keep your all your documents handy during landing.
Hi,

Thank you Aamir for the response.

Reactions: Seedorf_10

Mansidogar

Sep 20, 2017
I have a few doubts for which I would need your help.

1. I have obtained PR under Express Entry Program and my valid Visa expires on 22nd Feb, 2018. I plan to land in Canada on 20th Feb,2018. I wish to know, after landing and applying for my Permanent Resident Card, in what duration can I expect to get the same by mail?

2. If for example it takes more than a month, can I travel to USA in the meanwhile for leisure purpose ( for which I already have received a valid tourist visa of USA) and come back to Canada on any day before I receive my Permanent Resident Card?

Thanks in Advance

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Guys, what happens if we are not present at our apartment when the PR card arrives in mail? I flagpoled with my COPR at the border yesterday and the officer told me 2-3 months to get PR card and the mail has to be signed for but I'm going to India for a 2 month vacation in October end. There will be no one to sign the mail.

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Got my PR card yesterday!!

Landed on 21st July
PR Card approved on 19th,

So I received the card in 2-3 days after approval. I live in Ottawa.

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Guys, what happens if we are not present at our apartment when the PR card arrives in mail? I flagpoled with my COPR at the border yesterday and the officer told me 2-3 months to get PR card and the mail has to be signed for but I'm going to India for a 2 month vacation in October end. There will be no one to sign the mail.
I was not in my apartment, and it was present in the postal box, so I didnt need to sign anything.

PS. Please note you need visa or PR card for coming back to Canada if you dont have visa or PR card with you on your return (even if you are PR) border services will not let you cross the border back to Canada.

If I were you, I would wait till the PR card arrives, or I would apply for visa. Call CIC guys they would know which visa to apply for Permanent Residents.

Papagod

May 19, 2015
Well as usual problems, I landed 1st Aug after sending off pr card photos etc at start of July. Today I get an email saying your photos are not acceptable and you need to issue new one, nearly 3 months after I sent them... It's also a generic email so no idea why they were rejected. They were done by a studio, same one I did my initial PR application photos at, all measurements were checked, stamped, signed, dob etc etc there is no reason on the spec sheet they could've been rejected so I suspect they simply lost or damaged them. Seems it adds at least another 2 months to the process, another 2 months where you cannot fly out or the country, good job I didn't book the trip in Dec I was planning to, jokers.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Guys...........i want to make a soft landing first in canada...................i will leave my friend address for PR mail..............and .if by any means.........my PR is mis-placed/lost in courier sent by him (or by him before courier ); is there any risk involved in getting PRTD travel document.........do they grant it easily or CIC can also deny it?????...... is there risk of losing PR status altoghether ........... ?????

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Guys...........i want to make a soft landing first in canada...................i will leave my friend address for PR mail..............and .if by any means.........my PR is mis-placed/lost in courier sent by him (or by him before courier ); is there any risk involved in getting PRTD travel document.........do they grant it easily or CIC can also deny it?????...... is there risk of losing PR status altoghether ........... ?????
No chance of losing your PR status unless you do not meet the 2 out of 5 years from landing initial residency obligation or same requirement after the initial 5 years when becomes a rolling 5 years. Only then applying for a PRTD or entering with a PR card having not met RO could you possibly be flagged for investigation and possible revoke of PR.

No risk in getting a PRTD as long you clearly explain why you need one and if for example you think your card is lost you have reported it lost. You will not be able to apply for a replacement PR card until back in Canada.

Reactions: cool_eagle

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Guys I need your help !!

I got my PPR and send my passport today morning. I hope I’ll get I’ll next month end. I’m planning to go back home at November. Do I need to get any additional documents when I’ll come back Canada except the Landing paper and passport ?