+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport Request

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
Just want to share, I just found out that the processing of passport at the DFA is now done only by appointment (phone call/internet).

I'm changing my passport from the previous "green" one to the "maroon" machine-readable since that's what the canadian embassy requires now based on what I have read here.

What's disappoointing is that when I visited the website (passport.com.ph) yesterday to schedule for an appointment, the whole month of March has already been booked. The earliest "not full" available date for an appointment is April 7.

I'm expecting the passport request (fingers crossed) from the embassy to come by that time.

It's waiting time again.

sammy09

Star Member
Sep 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
07-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-10
Hi harry! If you want you can go to dfa pampanga you can walk in any time just make sure your early as 7am no appointment at all thats what i did ... Sammy

candy13

Feb 11, 2010
hi harry,

You can try calling the passport hotline 7371000, it's under Aboitiz Jebsen affiliate of DFA. Good luck!

candy

robin_1811

Aug 6, 2009
hi everyone,
i already got yesterday my passport request letter from cic makati. but i need to renew our passports to a colored brown passport (machine readable). right now we still have a green passport. they asked for a brown colored passport to avoid delays. they gave us only 45 days to submit our passports.
good luck to all of us....

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
sammy09 said:
Hi harry! If you want you can go to dfa pampanga you can walk in any time just make sure your early as 7am no appointment at all thats what i did ... Sammy
Thanks bro but I'm from P'que so I'm gonna have to stick it out with the DFA near our place.

I'll just wait for my scheduled appointment and hopefully the embassy will request for my passport so that my efforts won't go to waste LOL.

Being optimistic... always... esp. now... almost at the finish line. LOL!!!

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
candy13 said:
hi harry,

You can try calling the passport hotline 7371000, it's under Aboitiz Jebsen affiliate of DFA. Good luck!

candy
Hi there candy, I've already tried calling that hotline you mentioned before I went online for my appointment but it's always busy (too hot I guess LOL).

Just to add, when I went to the new DFA office last monday, I met one unlucky dude who had his scheduled appointment at that same day but he was told to come back on March 31 instead.

How frustrating was that??? Only here in the Philippines LOL!!!

candy13

Feb 11, 2010
hi harry,

the passport hotline is a 24 hour service. do try to call it again. Fyi, we are family of 4 bound to winnipeg and right now we are already waiting for the passport with visa stamped on it, and all of the passports that we submitted to the CEM was made/ been arranged by the passport hotline ( released within 10 days).

good luck..

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
Harry_Tang said:
Hi there candy, I've already tried calling that hotline you mentioned before I went online for my appointment but it's always busy (too hot I guess LOL).

Just to add, when I went to the new DFA office last monday, I met one unlucky dude who had his scheduled appointment at that same day but he was told to come back on March 31 instead.

How frustrating was that??? Only here in the Philippines LOL!!!
hi harry if you want to make it quick just go to DFA earlier at around 4:00 or 4:30 and go directly to the basketball court for you to be included in the first 500 pax. At around 8am 0r 8:30 am everything will be done. Just go to your preferred courrier to mail your new passport after 7 working days if expedited ( 750 pesos ) or 14 working days if regular processing ( 500 pesos ). Take note there's a lot of fixers outside just ignored them and go directly inside.

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
Hi there enjiniko,

Just to inform you bro, the DFA passport application processing is now done at their new bldg in Macapagal Rd in Pque. And it is by scheduled appointment only.

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
candy13 said:
hi harry,

the passport hotline is a 24 hour service. do try to call it again. Fyi, we are family of 4 bound to winnipeg and right now we are already waiting for the passport with visa stamped on it, and all of the passports that we submitted to the CEM was made/ been arranged by the passport hotline ( released within 10 days).

good luck..
May I ask how and when did you apply for your passports?

I'm asking coz the new "by appointment only" policy started only last March 7. That's the same date that the DFA moved to a new bldg (the one at Macapagal Rd.)

So I think even if I call the hotline, my appointment date will still be around April coz the month of March is already fully booked.

The new policy was implemented to get rid of the fixers.

crizzy

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Harry_Tang said:
May I ask how and when did you apply for your passports?

I'm asking coz the new "by appointment only" policy started only last March 7. That's the same date that the DFA moved to a new bldg (the one at Macapagal Rd.)

So I think even if I call the hotline, my appointment date will still be around April coz the month of March is already fully booked.

The new policy was implemented to get rid of the fixers.
Harry_Tang try to call 737-1000 DFA Passport Delivery thru Teleserv. Fast Service ever!. I've tried it already.

Harry_Tang

Feb 1, 2010
crizzy said:
Harry_Tang try to call 737-1000 DFA Passport Delivery thru Teleserv. Fast Service ever!. I've tried it already.
Just called the hotline and unfortunately I was right. Even if you call the hotline, they will just set your appointment on the date that's not fully booked (the same with appointment via internet).

And now they adjusted the processing time. It's now 10 working days for rush (previously seven days only) and 20 working days for regular processing (previously 14).

PS: When did you call the hotline? I'm guessing before the month of March.

crizzy

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Harry_Tang said:
Just called the hotline and unfortunately I was right. Even if you call the hotline, they will just set your appointment on the date that's not fully booked (the same with appointment via internet).

And now they adjusted the processing time. It's now 10 working days for rush (previously seven days only) and 20 working days for regular processing (previously 14).

PS: When did you call the hotline? I'm guessing before the month of March.
Yes that sometime February.. After my medical.

enjiniko

Jan 10, 2010
Harry_Tang said:
Hi there enjiniko,

Just to inform you bro, the DFA passport application processing is now done at their new bldg in Macapagal Rd in Pque. And it is by scheduled appointment only.
Oh I see, i'm lucky that we renew our passport before DFA transferred to it's new location. For the new DFA location, maybe some of the member can share if walk-ins are welcome. Maybe that's possible if not going to online system it's only my guess and i'm not 100% sure for this.

robin_1811

Aug 6, 2009
hi to all,
we already renewed our green passports to E-passport last march 22 in DFA LUCENA. but the release will be on April 15. and on that day i will also send our passports, appendix A, and 2 pcs visa pics. by courier. so i strongly suggest to those who are waiting for passport request to renew your green passport to red colored passport because that's the embassy requirements.
good luck to all of us....