+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting CSQ with expired PGWP

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
Hi everyone, good morning. I applied for the CSQ in January 2024 and so far I have only received the Quebec value test and nothing else. What happened was that yesterday I learned that my request to extend my PGWP was denied and that I have 90 days to leave the country. I had to tell my employer today that I can no longer work for them. What happens now? Can the agent who is processing my CSQ ask for latest payment stubs and find out my work permit is expired (and denied) and that I no longer hold a job in Quebec? Could that happen and jeopardize my whole application? I already spoke to my lawyer and as per our conversation my only hope is to either find an employer who can sponsor me (Lmia) or receive the CSQ and apply for an open work permit? Since the only thing MIFI (Ministry of Immigration, Frenchisation and Integration) has asked me so far was the value test I am afraid they gonna find out my situation and reject my CSQ application. Any inputs, comments, anything at all? Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, good morning. I applied for the CSQ in January 2024 and so far I have only received the Quebec value test and nothing else. What happened was that yesterday I learned that my request to extend my PGWP was denied and that I have 90 days to leave the country. I had to tell my employer today that I can no longer work for them. What happens now? Can the agent who is processing my CSQ ask for latest payment stubs and find out my work permit is expired (and denied) and that I no longer hold a job in Quebec? Could that happen and jeopardize my whole application? I already spoke to my lawyer and as per our conversation my only hope is to either find an employer who can sponsor me (Lmia) or receive the CSQ and apply for an open work permit? Since the only thing MIFI (Ministry of Immigration, Frenchisation and Integration) has asked me so far was the value test I am afraid they gonna find out my situation and reject my CSQ application. Any inputs, comments, anything at all? Thank you!
Yes, you should assume that at some point the province will determine you are no longer working.

Did you qualify for a PGWP extension and was it incorrectly refused?

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
Yes, you should assume that at some point the province will determine you are no longer working.

Did you qualify for a PGWP extension and was it incorrectly refused?
I knew it was going to be refused. I was just really trying to gain time hoping my CSQ was gonna be issued before the rejection. :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I knew it was going to be refused. I was just really trying to gain time hoping my CSQ was gonna be issued before the rejection. :(
Have you applied to restore your status? Right now you are in Canada without status and need to apply for restoration if you want to stay.

Agreed you need to find a new employer to claim that you are working / have a job offer. Or hope that you somehow get the CSQ approval.

Eduarda

Apr 17, 2024
Have you applied to restore your status? Right now you are in Canada without status and need to apply for restoration if you want to stay.

Agreed you need to find a new employer to claim that you are working / have a job offer. Or hope that you somehow get the CSQ approval.
The letter I received yesterday tells me I have 90 days to apply to another type of VISA and/or leave the country within 90 days. I assume the only type of VISA here would be via an employer sponsoring me (LMIA).
I heard MIFI is now requesting updated payment stubs while processing CSQs. At least that is what happened to a friend of mine. At same point the government asked them to send updated pay-checks. Wondering if that's accurate for every process or if that's chosen randomly. Also wondering whether they will know I had my PGWP denied and that's something they can easily check on their system. Thank you very much for your answers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The letter I received yesterday tells me I have 90 days to apply to another type of VISA and/or leave the country within 90 days. I assume the only type of VISA here would be via an employer sponsoring me (LMIA).
I heard MIFI is now requesting updated payment stubs while processing CSQs. At least that is what happened to a friend of mine. At same point the government asked them to send updated pay-checks. Wondering if that's accurate for every process or if that's chosen randomly. Also wondering whether they will know I had my PGWP denied and that's something they can easily check on their system. Thank you very much for your answers.
You can apply to restore your status to visitor.

I can't answer the rest of your questions.