+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vistor record not issued at POE

Rakesh_1988u

Feb 4, 2024
Hi, I entered Canada on May 23, on a Spousal Open Work Permit, accompanied with my 6 month old child. Both had a visa valid until Sep 24. While I received a work permit at the POE, but no visitor record was issued for my child, they said the validity will be same as parent. What are the consequences of not having a Visitor Record?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I entered Canada on May 23, on a Spousal Open Work Permit, accompanied with my 6 month old child. Both had a visa valid until Sep 24. While I received a work permit at the POE, but no visitor record was issued for my child, they said the validity will be same as parent. What are the consequences of not having a Visitor Record?
Visitor record is not issued at POE on first entry. As a visitor you have 6 months (if CBSA doesn’t stamp a date) and must apply for a visitor record if you want to extend before the 6 months are up. CBSA is right it is valid up to expiry but it doesn’t mean you can stay the whole time in Canada. You must apply for visitor record before the 6 months is us.