+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's visa WHILE waiting for immigration process for my wife?

Dec 11, 2008
Re,

Perhaps this was answered here before (I couldn't find it in the forum), but what are the chances of my wife getting a visitor's visa WHILE we're waiting for her PR application to be approved?

I mean, PR processing time is up 10 months in the Moscow office. Fine, but staying apart for that long (and I have already exhausted my vacation time on flying to see my wife) is just ridiculous.

Does anyone have negative/positive experience applying for a temporary visa at the same time the immigration process is underway?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to apply with dual intent. Some people have done it in the past.

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Since Canada does allow dual-intent you can try to apply. The important thing is to show she has the intent to only visit and then return to wait for the PR. If they suspect she will just stay they will say no. I believe they also like you to have been approved for Sponsorship first.

That is what we did and my wife is actually on her way here now. From Russia as well.

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
I married my wife in the philippines in october and we were told with a sponsorship pending the chances of getting a visitors visa or anything of the sort was not going to happen,I guess there reasoning is that if her husband is here,why would she leave. I will agree,it has been hell since then without my Darling wife but try if you want but prepare yourself for a long time apart.I have also used up more than my alloted time of vacation and must now wait until all papers are finished to see her again,my heart goes out to you my friend-I see my wife alot on yahoo messanger which allows both cams and mics and is much nice than the phone but it still stinks compared to being with her.
I am a bit of a softie and we make "little movies" for eachother on digital cameras and send the memory cards back and forth,sometimes when it's really cutting you they help. Good luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What some people have done has been to get a dual intent visitor visa. Once you have applied for sponsorship and been approved as a sponsor, you can apply for dual intent visitor visa, in some embassies they actually tell you apply for TRP instead of TRV. If approved, your wife gets to come and stay with you while you wait. CIC knows if she is called in for an interview she has to go back anyway for it so not so much chance that she will just overstay. You can try it.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Hello friend i am living apart from my wife from one and half year since we married i had called canadian embassy pluse my consultant in canada if we can apply for visitor visa they told me that will not help they will refuse and they never kept any optoin to apply for visitor visa while your intention is to live in Canada forever so it will be money wasting try, i have seen a case even after marraige one person try to apply directly for visitor visa they told you should apply for Spouse permanent resident than visitor visa to meet your wife and his visitor visa was refused you can call canadian embassy they will tell you , as they told me i cant apply for visitor visa you can make sure too. i hope it will help you wish you all the best

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
My wife is here NOW on a visitor visa. Her permanent residence application is at the embassy in Moscow being processed.

So it IS possible. However you have to prove you are only visiting and will return to your home country to wait for the rest of the permanent residence processing. This is the important part of applying to visit. If they think you wont return then they will just refuse of course.

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012
helli frolic and the other applicants,

can u plz tell me how can i prove dat after getting visitor visa my wife will not overstay there and will come back to her home country on termination of visa. .what type of documentation will prove dat. .

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012

can u plz tell me how can i prove dat after getting visitor visa my wife will not overstay there and will come back to her home country on termination of visa. .what type of documentation will prove dat. .

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012

gagzcanada

Jan 4, 2012

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
What we did was give a letter from the employer saying she was free to go on vacation for 2 weeks.
Also included information that her son was staying in school and she had to return for that.
Anything else like property and other things that show a close tie to her home country.

Also mentioning the PR application and that she would be returning to continue that application shows that you understand the process they like you to follow.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
curiouscanadian said:
Re,

Perhaps this was answered here before (I couldn't find it in the forum), but what are the chances of my wife getting a visitor's visa WHILE we're waiting for her PR application to be approved?

I mean, PR processing time is up 10 months in the Moscow office. Fine, but staying apart for that long (and I have already exhausted my vacation time on flying to see my wife) is just ridiculous.

Does anyone have negative/positive experience applying for a temporary visa at the same time the immigration process is underway?

Thanks.
Dear fellow,

yes u are allowed to do so. Having said that the chances are too low and most of the applicants get rejected.

nizwajaved

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hello everyone. I am a march 2017 applicant and I need your help regarding my case. It's been more than an year and my application is still stuck in the background check phase. I received my pre arrival services letter on 21st dec 2017 and since then my application is stuck in bgc.
I have now decided to apply for visitor visa although i know the chances of getting it approved are very slim but we have got nothing to lose at this point. So I have a few questions regarding this situation.
1) if in case my visit visa gets approved ( which i know has a very rare chance ) will i be needing to re-enter canada on approval of immigration?
2) if i get PPR during this period, can I submit it while i am in canada?
3) should i inform my visa office if my visa gets approved?
If anyone of you has any knowldge regarding these questions then please do let me know