+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors visa rejected; "You Are Intended Immigrant. I am not satisfied dual in"

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Hello
Please Help.
Visitors Visa rejected:

"Reason - Other: You are intended immigrant. I am not satisfied dual intent exist."

Can someone help to decipher what this decision referring to and if we could re-apply? Thanks.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
barse said:
Hello
Please Help.
Me and my spouse are from same village [Ethiopia] (know each other since childhood) but about 2 decades since we lost each other, and quickly married, started the process right after re-connection. She is PR in Germany for more than a decade while I am Canadian. Last year I visited her when we got married. This time we applied for her Visitors Visa but rejected:

"Reason - Other: You are intended immigrant. I am not satisfied dual intent exist."

Our PR application is already at the Vienna VO who made this decision, then not good hope for PR either. For the Travellers Visa, I completed invitation letter, purpose and details of the plans, my financial resources, my employment, tax return and job related...etc. Can someone help to decipher what this decision referring to and if we could re-apply? Thanks.
They are not satisfied that she is coming for a visit. SHE (not you) has to submit evidence that would point towards she not having plans to stay in Canada after her visit is over.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Don't bother reapplying - you'll just be refused again. CIC knows she has plans to remain in Canada long term as a result of the PR application. It's quite common for TRVs to be refused for this reason.

Mar 21, 2016
Don't bother reapplying - you'll just be refused again. CIC knows she has plans to remain in Canada long term as a result of the PR application. It's quite common for TRVs to be refused for this reason.
How bad can be a solicitude that the officer is so convinced of her intents of staying in Canada?
I've always read that they would send something like ''“I am not convinced you will leave Canada and the end of ... '' but this time he knows she is a intented inmigrant.

barse

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
IELTS Request
SA Received: 19-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
freshaspeppermint said:
How bad can be a solicitude that the officer is so convinced of her intents of staying in Canada?
I've always read that they would send something like ''“I am not convinced you will leave Canada and the end of ... '' but this time he knows she is a intented inmigrant.
Thanks for that point. I discouraged her not to reapply but she is determined.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
barse said:
Thanks for that point. I discouraged her not to reapply but she is determined. Now, of course, she has no much 'social connection', and 'financial resources', However, she lived and worked here for the past decade and she feels very comfortable here than anywhere else in the world and this change is due to marriage only (she is well established to her life standard.) She is going to get stronger latter from work place, apartment lease (refused to me of content she installed and put together by herself than the property owner). We went into explaining why returning back to Germany IS VERY IMPORTANT (PR application will be in jeopardy means our future life and/or marriage) and we both agree the officers shouldn't determine that but our selves. Anything else? We just wanted to celebrate our birthdays together on September 5th and 6th (so 5th midnight).
I would actually strongly advise against applying again. Once TRV refusal won't be an issue. Once you have two or more (which she's most likely to get again), it can start impacting the processing time of the PR application (even increase the chances of an interview) and result in a deeper review of the file. So if she is bent on reapplying - make sure she understands this could have negative impacts on the PR application.

FYI - failing to return to Germany won't put her PR application in jeopardy in any way. So don't use that as an argument if you reapply.

Kabali

Jul 22, 2016
Well, CIC doesn't know it yet until they find a glitch in your application. There are several applications which have been approved while the PR application was in process, and we can only say that they had a strong application. You can certainly retry but make sure that you (or hire a lawyer if affordable) have strong application prepared.

scylla said: