+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's Visa for Fiancee of PR Holder

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hi,

I am Canadian PR holder but have not moved to Canada yet. I am planning move to Canada next year. I am getting married in December. I thought that this will be a good opportunity to get my fiancé's visitors visa stamped. My question is

1. If I get her to apply for visitor's visa on her own without any reference to me, will that work ?

2. If she applies as a Canadian tourist, will she get a single entry visa or multi entry ?

Is there a better way to get her visitors visa stamped, so that post marriage we can both move together ?

Thanks for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is a high rate of TRV refusals in these types of situations since IRCC often suspects the applicant has plans on remaining in Canada long term.

1. To have the highest chance of approval, she will want to demonstrate strong ties to her home country such as employment, property and assets. She should apply on her own before you get married.
2. That will be up to IRCC. Impossible for us to say.

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
There is a high rate of TRV refusals in these types of situations since IRCC often suspects the applicant has plans on remaining in Canada long term.

1. To have the highest chance of approval, she will want to demonstrate strong ties to her home country such as employment, property and assets. She should apply on her own before you get married.
2. That will be up to IRCC. Impossible for us to say.
Thanks for your response. I see your point. Honestly, I really confused. I have to see what to do.