+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's visa application from Nigeria

john404

Nov 5, 2019
Hello everyone! I applied for a visitor's visa for my mom in July 2022, and I haven't received anything yet. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone! I applied for a visitor's visa for my mom in July 2022, and I haven't received anything yet. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Processing is around 7 months so may get a response soon. Also factored in is how you received PR? Are you PR or citizen?

obnn

Jan 5, 2023
I am a student and my wife applied for visiting. biometric completed on October 31st. No movement on the application since then. Does this mean it will run the whole 222 days of processing?

john404

Nov 5, 2019
I am a student and my wife applied for visiting. biometric completed on October 31st. No movement on the application since then. Does this mean it will run the whole 222 days of processing?
I don't think so. However, do you know if the application is in process?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visas from West Africa take quite a long time. Would plan for 6 months but could be much faster. Whether she gets approved will also depend on her ties to Nigeria like longterm good job, property, etc. and when your study permit ends. If she wants to remain in Canada she should be applying for an OWP.

obnn

Jan 5, 2023
Visas from West Africa take quite a long time. Would plan for 6 months but could be much faster. Whether she gets approved will also depend on her ties to Nigeria like longterm good job, property, etc. and when your study permit ends. If she wants to remain in Canada she should be applying for an OWP.

OWP from Nigeria take 39weeks. She works for one of the big banks so will that count as a strong tie?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OWP from Nigeria take 39weeks. She works for one of the big banks so will that count as a strong tie?
Impossible to say because the fact that you are in Canada is a very strong tie. You will need to prove to IRCC that she is only coming to Canada for a temporary visit. When does your study permit expire? When did you get married? How much timehave you spent together in person since you got married?

obnn

Jan 5, 2023
Impossible to say because the fact that you are in Canada is a very strong tie. You will need to prove to IRCC that she is only coming to Canada for a temporary visit. When does your study permit expire? When did you get married? How much timehave you spent together in person since you got married?
We've been married for 10yrs. I have a strong tie back in Nigeria as I own a thriving company. My student visa is expiring mid 2024. Can we open an OWP application concurrently with the visitor visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We've been married for 10yrs. I have a strong tie back in Nigeria as I own a thriving company. My student visa is expiring mid 2024. Can we open an OWP application concurrently with the visitor visa?
It is your wife’s ties that will be important. Yes you can apply for a TRV at the same time as an OWP. If she wants to live in Canada an OWP is the correct option. A TRV can be refused if there are concerns that your spouse is not just visiting.