+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,

I applied for my visitor visa since September 4th, and until now I haven't received any news except for that Eligibility has been completed on November 4th.

Kindly note I already hold my valid study permit, but I just left in an emergency rush from Canada to visit my grandpa who is ill, so the thought of extending my visa did not cross my mind at all.

I came here to Jordan since August thinking it's just going to be a month then leave back to Canada on September, but I got returned from the airport saying I need a valid visa to re enter.

So if anyone has experienced something similar, can you share what happened. I am very concerned since it has passed their processing time multiple times, but all I can do is wait. Their processing time is 175 days and my application is already exceeding 220 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I applied for my visitor visa since September 4th, and until now I haven't received any news except for that Eligibility has been completed on November 4th.

Kindly note I already hold my valid study permit, but I just left in an emergency rush from Canada to visit my grandpa who is ill, so the thought of extending my visa did not cross my mind at all.

I came here to Jordan since August thinking it's just going to be a month then leave back to Canada on September, but I got returned from the airport saying I need a valid visa to re enter.

So if anyone has experienced something similar, can you share what happened. I am very concerned since it has passed their processing time multiple times, but all I can do is wait. Their processing time is 175 days and my application is already exceeding 220 days.
What have you done for follow-up (webform, call etc.)? When did you leave because you have been out of Canada for so long and not actively studying in Canada so study permit may have been cancelled. You are no longer an active student. Processing times are estimates when most are completed by.

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
What have you done for follow-up (webform, call etc.)? When did you leave because you have been out of Canada for so long and not actively studying in Canada so study permit may have been cancelled. You are no longer an active student. Processing times are estimates when most are completed by.
I have done a webform to ask for the process two days ago actually.
I am currently taking online classes, I just didn't take classes last Fall.
I am not cutting off my classes, and I registered for Summer as well, and they offer online classes, so I took these.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not cutting off my classes, and I registered for Summer as well, and they offer online classes, so I took these.
If you didn’t take classes in Fall, you would not be eligible for PGWP, and was your study permit cancelled? Were you on authorized leave? So how long is program because time online doesn’t count towards PGWP. Taking classes online outside Canada doesn’t require a study permit. The issue is you have not been in Canada and studying in Canada so your permit may be cancelled. You no longer meet the conditions of your study permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/while-you-study/study-permit-conditions.html

Your case is complicated so you may want to talk to an immigration lawyer once back in Canada if you want a PGWP.

Last edited:
Reactions: tahaali23

tahaali23

Aug 20, 2019
If you didn’t take classes in Fall, you would not be eligible for PGWP, and was your study permit cancelled? Were you on authorized leave? So how long is program because time online doesn’t count towards PGWP. Taking classes online outside Canada doesn’t require a study permit. The issue is you have not been in Canada and studying in Canada so your permit may be cancelled. You no longer meet the conditions of your study permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/while-you-study/study-permit-conditions.html

Your case is complicated so you may want to talk to an immigration lawyer once back in Canada if you want a PGWP.
Thank you for your reply.

I checked that website you provided, and it appears I am exempted from the conditions of "actively studying."

And yes I am aware of my non eligibility for the PGWP.

My study permit isn't cancelled and I am also exempted from the authorized leaves.

I am just concerned that it might take a longer time and my study permit expires.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You never said that you had authorized leave from the school. All you can do is wait for TRV approval. When does your study permit expire?