+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to open work permit

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Hello Folks,

I have my brother (28 years old) just came as visitor to Canada last week. He has 5 years experience in IT and has master degree along with IELTS. I heard some people applied for open work permit without LMIA sponsorship.

They applied through paper based application and fill out the fallowing form:
IMM 5710 E : Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker.

Do you guys think it is relevant? Please advise me. Thank you in advance

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Folks,

I have my brother (28 years old) just came as visitor to Canada last week. He has 5 years experience in IT and has master degree along with IELTS. I heard some people applied for open work permit without LMIA sponsorship.

IMM 5710 E : Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker.

It is NOT. They are not eligible for Work Permit..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Folks,

Not relevant. Application is going to be refused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Folks,

You seem to be trying to move a lot of your family to Canada through various programs in a short amount time. This is likely to lead to lead to refusals at a certain point and concern that none of the applications are genuine.