+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa to Live In Nanny

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Hello, I have a cousin who is already here in Canada on a Visitor Visa. We are wondering if we can process a Live In Nanny Visa for her (under Temp Foreign Worker) so we could issue her an LMIA. We are wondering if it is possible.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I have a cousin who is already here in Canada on a Visitor Visa. We are wondering if we can process a Live In Nanny Visa for her (under Temp Foreign Worker) so we could issue her an LMIA. We are wondering if it is possible.

Thank you!
If you live in Quebec, yes.

All other provinces, no. She goes through HCCP program which opens and closes on January 1 each year based on quota. She needs to be eligible with processing at about 36 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/hiring-caregivers-overseas.html

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you!
If you live in Quebec you will still need to qualify for an LMIA yourself and also prove that you can afford to pay the expected rate for a nanny and the deductions and holiday time. Your cousin would have to show that they have a work and education history that would qualify them to work as a nanny. There will be additional processing requirements as a Quebec applicant. This is likely a 6+ month process with no guarantees of approval.