+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa supporting documents

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
I am thinking of applying for a tourist visa and would like to know what documents to attach to the file.

Here is some information about me.

I live in the UK i have a spouse visa but my nationality is Indian.
I applied for a Canadian visa in 2014 and i was refused, because i did not have any travel history and i was not working at that time.

In 2015 i got a 1 year schengen visa (France) and a American visa (10 years). I reapplied for a Canadian visa (Husband's grandparents live in Canada). I was now working and studying also i had made my travel history, i was approved but only got a 1 year visa.

I now have a 5 year schengen visa and have been to France twice and Spain twice.

I would like to go to Canada to visit my Husband's family.In 2017 what supporting documents are people submitting? Example how many months of pay slips, bank statements any other documents you can suggest ??

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am thinking of applying for a tourist visa and would like to know what documents to attach to the file.

Here is some information about me.

I live in the UK i have a spouse visa but my nationality is Indian.
I applied for a Canadian visa in 2014 and i was refused, because i did not have any travel history and i was not working at that time.

In 2015 i got a 1 year schengen visa (France) and a American visa (10 years). I reapplied for a Canadian visa (Husband's grandparents live in Canada). I was now working and studying also i had made my travel history, i was approved but only got a 1 year visa.

I now have a 5 year schengen visa and have been to France twice and Spain twice.

I would like to go to Canada to visit my Husband's family.In 2017 what supporting documents are people submitting? Example how many months of pay slips, bank statements any other documents you can suggest ??
Hey there,

It's been a couple of years. Good to see you're back :)

Your wife was able to get the TRV then in a day. I suggest you apply with similar documents if there is no major change to her personal and professional situation.

Here's the link from back then:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-approved-thanks-to-bryanna.297207/#post-4345148

Cheers

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
Hey there,

Your wife was able to get the TRV then in a day. I suggest you apply with similar documents if there is no major change to her personal and professional situation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-approved-thanks-to-bryanna.297207/#post-4345148

Cheers

Thanks, Yes its been a while. Im glad to see that your still around to help people. I could access my previous messages etc hence the post. We will only be going for a week this time so would you still suggest i get some documents from my grand father or just apply with out his documents ?

My wifes passport seems to have more credibility compared to before but i dont know since 2015 if the canadian government has been more generous in giving TRV's or still tough
Do you reccomend 3 month bank statement or 6 ? i seem to have put 3 months of credit cards and 6 months of bank statements. Its been a while since i applied for any visas so im struggling to remember what i did. But thank you for providing the link.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It would help if your grandfather could provide an invitation letter + his documents such as copies of his passport (and his financial documents, if he would like to provide them).

Bank statement: 3 months would be fine.

You could post the list of documents that you intend to submit this time + some details about your wife's current situation/her ties to the UK, etc

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

i intend to include the following documents.

- 3 Months Pay slips (from her work)
-joint bank statement 3 months
-letter from bank verifying both our names on account
-wifes credit card statement 3 months
-college letter detailing bonafide student, (part time courses)
-provisional travel booking
- day to day itenary and estimated cost (total cost reflected in bank account) it will only be for a week anyway
-Annual travel insurance copy to show we have medical cover
-list of her relatives in UK and abroad to show most of her family are not in canada

Cover from me (husband)letter of financial support
- included my passport copy
-personal bank statements
-Land registry showing i have property in the uk

Here are the list of Visas she has in her passport
1 year canadian visa (expired)
10 year usa visa, (active) 1 trip to usa
1 year schengen (expired) 2 trips to schengen area
a 5 year schengen (schengen) 2 trips to schenegn area
2.5 year uk spouse visa (expired)
2.5 year UK Spouse visa (active)
Thailand (expired) 2 trips
Singapore (expired) 1 trip

so from a travel history she has a varied one

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
It would help if your grandfather could provide an invitation letter + his documents such as copies of his passport (and his financial documents, if he would like to provide them).

Bank statement: 3 months would be fine.

You could post the list of documents that you intend to submit this time + some details about your wife's current situation/her ties to the UK, etc

Hi Bryanna did you see my post ?

Asipot_DxB

Sep 19, 2017
Hi guyz,

Im just new here. Im Asipot working for 3 1/2 years in Dubai. Im planning to apply a tourist visa. Uncle ko po ang magiinvite sa akin kasi bago lang ang ate ko sa new work nya. eto po ang mga docs na meron ako..
- application with barcode
- family orientation form
- worldwide travel insurance for 7days
- bank statement of account in Dubai (transfer of salary)
-invitation letter from my Uncle living in Surrey
- NOC from my company

Im planning to go there on dec22-dec28 lng po.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guyz,

Im just new here. Im Asipot working for 3 1/2 years in Dubai. Im planning to apply a tourist visa. Uncle ko po ang magiinvite sa akin kasi bago lang ang ate ko sa new work nya. eto po ang mga docs na meron ako..
- application with barcode
- family orientation form
- worldwide travel insurance for 7days
- bank statement of account in Dubai (transfer of salary)
-invitation letter from my Uncle living in Surrey
- NOC from my company

Im planning to go there on dec22-dec28 lng po.
Please post in English

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You must also include:
Colour scanned prints of her ILR + her Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) + your marriage certificate + copy of her electoral card + Letter of Financial Support (signed by yourself)

- 3 Months Pay slips (from her work)
Leave approval letter from her employer + Bank statement to confirm the salary transfers + P60 (or similar document, if available) + NHS

college letter detailing bonafide student, (part time courses)
Tuition fee receipt for the current academic year + prints of the college website (home, contact pages, study program) + student ID proof + proof of any exam/internship/similar reason scheduled after her return

Land registry showing i have property in the uk
Council tax payment + 1-2 recent utility bills + property valuation (free online sites are available)

If your grandfather is not inviting you then do include provisional hotel bookings + include the hotel costs in the day-by-day itinerary.

Also, for her travel history:
Explanation XX: Travel History
(In chronological order)

'Visa detail (number, date issued)' 'Country' 'Entry/Exit dates' 'Purpose of visi'
Visa XXXXXXXX etc USA August 3-8, 2016 Tourism

Visa not required Turkey September 3-8, 2016 Tourism

Last edited:

Asipot_DxB

Sep 19, 2017
Please post in English
Sorry.. :)

I am from the Philippines working here in Dubai. I am planning to apply trv nxt month (Oct) since it is 52 days processing time accdg to their website. Im planning to come over in December to spend Christmas with my relatives (Aunt, Uncle, Sister, cousins) there.

Way back 2006-2008, I tried to apply as a live-in Caregiver but unfortunately, I was refused twice. First, my grandfather was my client. 2 years is the processing time of Live-in Caregiver application from the Philippines. On my 1st year of processing, my Grandfather died, so I got denied. Second, was my cousin is my client, same thing, he reached 12 yrs after 2 yrs of waiting, accdg to VO no need of CG of my cousin since he is 12y.o and normal, so refused again. My question is, Do I need to declare it to the application form since there is a question? I am thinking its more than 10 yrs ago.

second question, When I came in here in Dubai. I was tourist visa. And before I found my job, I need to exit and I went to Iran for 3 days and waited there my employment visa and go back to Dubai. Do I consider it as my travel history? DO I need to declare it also?

Please help. :) TIA <3

Bryanne :).

sim255

Jul 16, 2014
Hey there,

Cheers

Bryanna she got her visa till the passport expiry.

Thanks for all your help again