+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - September 2022

poonamss

Oct 14, 2022
Hi ,
I have applied for visitor's visa within Canada from the old GC key portal .
Application submitted Sept. 29, 2022

Application status says :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements .

what would be the next steps in the application ? Can anyone shed some light after how many days of this status got their PPR ?
I have applied via new portal on 17 September and biometrics has been done on 21 September but the application status still showing ‘Submitted’ only

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Nothing my friend applied on 10th sep he had valid usa visa and 2 times canada visit too in 2019 and 2021

Hopsking

Sep 23, 2022
submission on 7 September 2022
biometrics on 12 September 2022
Eligibility Review started 12 September 2022
since then status says :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements .

moliKT

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Experts , Need advise.

If a person who wants to travel Canada from India just as a tourist who doesn't have any friends in Canada, can he apply without reference letter.

can he apply for visitor visa stating he just want to visit the country for touring ? or is it mandatory he should have other valid reason like meeting immediate family member or friends?

If he can apply so, then what is the probablity of timelines to get it approved?

Kindly advise. thanks

Sheri86

Aug 18, 2021
Hello

I am going to apply visit visa for my parent via secured GC key account.

1) Itnery is mandatory to ulpoad in the system ? What i know before it is not necessary for it

2) should i validated and sign the application form before uploading in the system?

Please give ur opion so that i can submit the application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Experts , Need advise.

If a person who wants to travel Canada from India just as a tourist who doesn't have any friends in Canada, can he apply without reference letter.

can he apply for visitor visa stating he just want to visit the country for touring ? or is it mandatory he should have other valid reason like meeting immediate family member or friends?

If he can apply so, then what is the probablity of timelines to get it approved?

Kindly advise. thanks
You don’t need to know anyone in Canada to visit but you need a strong profile - travel history, funds ties to home country. No one can tell you if it will be approved but a decision will take 5-6 months.

prachi239

Jul 19, 2021
Hi everyone, would like to share my timeline for visitor visa:
Visitor visa applied on : 1st September 2022
Biometric: 6th September 2022
Passport request: 7th November 2022.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about documents. Happy to help. Thank you.

Scarlette1776

Jun 19, 2022

Let me know if anyone has any questions about documents. Happy to help. Thank you.
Congrats!!!
Where did you apply from?

Vish5244

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020

Congratulations!!!!wouldlike to know couple of things:
1. Inside or outside Canada?
2. Do you have any previous USA or CA visa?
3. And for whom? As I saw you got PR as per your previous post.
4. Was that a supervisa???

Thank you.

Last edited:

PR_User

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Hi,
I applied for my parents visitor Visa on 18th March and they did their Biometric on 31st March in India. The didn’t have US visa or travel history during first application.
After raising few webform we didn’t get any reply and my parent went to USA to visit my sister.
So I reapplied again from US for visit visa.
Today I got letter from IRCC that my India application is rejected due to insufficient tiesgoing back home.
And my US application have move to reviewing eligibility.
Does this mean there is hope their US application can be approved.
I due in Nov 2022 and gave medical reason for visit with letter from my gynaecologist. This whole process very frustrating and stressful.
Thank you for any suggestions
Hi there ,

It is better to apply for super visa for your parents.

They will process it easily.

Thanks.

powerky

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Everyone, I was following this forum silently. But I would like to share my timeline for my in laws visitor visa , so it can help with timeline.
Biometric: 9th September 2022
Passport request: 9th November 2022.
Applied from: Gujarat, India
They never visited any country before and did not hold any other country's visa as well.

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi Everyone, I was following this forum silently. But I would like to share my timeline for my in laws visitor visa , so it can help with timeline.
They never visited any country before and did not hold any other country's visa as well.
Hi
Congratulations! Did you get the Passport request in email or in the IRCC portal

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
What reason did you mentioned, and how long was it?
thank you

powerky

Oct 27, 2017
What reason did you mentioned, and how long was it?
thank you
Hi, I have mentioned that " The purpose of their visit is to meet myself and my husband. We have been in Canada for over 12 years now and my parents have not visited Canada since. During those years I was not able to spend long quality time with my family, so I would like to invite my parents to Canada in this coming summer. We plan to take them to all the tourist attractions around Toronto and show them the beauty of Canada that has been our home since 2008.".

Also I put expected date for arrival as 1st April in application.