+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa Rejection and next steps

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
Hi All,

I applied for my maternal aunt's visa and it got rejected on the basis of a lack of home ties. I am seeking your advice and suggestions on the next steps. In general, is it too difficult to obtain approval, considering there is a rejection already? Also in such cases, where there are fewer chances to prove any changes in the situation of a person, is it a good time frame after which we should be re-applying for her visa? Looking for your insights, experiences, and reflections, I am sure that along with me it will help many others here.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I applied for my maternal aunt's visa and it got rejected on the basis of a lack of home ties. I am seeking your advice and suggestions on the next steps. In general, is it too difficult to obtain approval, considering there is a rejection already? Also in such cases, where there are fewer chances to prove any changes in the situation of a person, is it a good time frame after which we should be re-applying for her visa? Looking for your insights, experiences, and reflections, I am sure that along with me it will help many others here.

Thanks in advance.
We can't comment without knowing her full profile.

You may also want to apply for GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind the refusal.

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
We can't comment without knowing her full profile.

You may also want to apply for GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind the refusal.
Thank you! Yes, I agree that knowing the full profile will add more detailed views. On GCMS notes, this is what is also waiting as of now. Hoping that it will give more clarity on the next steps. Thank you for your inputs.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Home ties are often established via employment for adults and in case of senior citizens it is either active pension and/or properties.

As mentioned above without knowing the profile we cannot comment.

In general, is it too difficult to obtain approval, considering there is a rejection already? There is a chance as long as you can justify however it needs to be seen how the application was processed. If this was refused by a tool, then the file may be flagged leading to another refusal [ happened in my case personally which is why I am making this claim]

There is no time frame as such to reapply.

Wait on the notes and then take a call on how to proceed.

Good Luck

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
Home ties are often established via employment for adults and in case of senior citizens it is either active pension and/or properties.

As mentioned above without knowing the profile we cannot comment.

In general, is it too difficult to obtain approval, considering there is a rejection already? There is a chance as long as you can justify however it needs to be seen how the application was processed. If this was refused by a tool, then the file may be flagged leading to another refusal [ happened in my case personally which is why I am making this claim]

There is no time frame as such to reapply.

Wait on the notes and then take a call on how to proceed.

Good Luck
Thank you for your inputs. Yes in her case she is a window and is a senior citizen. I think we did not elaborate in our application at all about her ties. We may want to highlight those in our next application. For the notes, we are waiting still and plan to take an action only once we review those notes.

I will continue to seek suggestions and update as things go by. Do you think, if it will matter if we write on our own application or go through an immigration consultant? This was a thought I had if they provide any better guidance around complex cases. However, my view thus far is that they might not add much value, since most of them work on regular cases and it is tough to find real good ones. I may be wrong here, but thinking out loud here.

Thank you!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Thank you for your inputs. Yes in her case she is a window and is a senior citizen. I think we did not elaborate in our application at all about her ties. We may want to highlight those in our next application. For the notes, we are waiting still and plan to take an action only once we review those notes.

I will continue to seek suggestions and update as things go by. Do you think, if it will matter if we write on our own application or go through an immigration consultant? This was a thought I had if they provide any better guidance around complex cases. However, my view thus far is that they might not add much value, since most of them work on regular cases and it is tough to find real good ones. I may be wrong here, but thinking out loud here.

Thank you!
You can always seek professional help in presenting your case. However it is your story and you know it best. So depending on how clear you are on how to proceed, you can do it yourself.

However if you want tread very carefully, you can seek the opinion of a good attorney. Most agents are not hands on and have office folks handle paper work who are not always the best

Good Luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thank you!
Using an immigration consultant generally does not increase the chances of approval.

If you want to increase the chances of approval, focus on the following:
- She needs to show proof of ties to her home country such as property ownership, etc.
- She should show her personal bank balance and ideally show that she has sufficient funds to pay for the trip to Canada herself.
- She should keep the length of her trip reasonably short so that it doesn't look like she's trying to come here long term.
- She should highlight any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK.

Good luck.

Reactions: BA101 and Bbampoe

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
Using an immigration consultant generally does not increase the chances of approval.

If you want to increase the chances of approval, focus on the following:
- She needs to show proof of ties to her home country such as property ownership, etc.
- She should show her personal bank balance and ideally show that she has sufficient funds to pay for the trip to Canada herself.
- She should keep the length of her trip reasonably short so that it doesn't look like she's trying to come here long-term.
- She should highlight any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK.

Good luck.
Sounds good! Yes, this is what I too am leaning towards as well. Idea is to present a cohesive story and then present the case again. Now, since it is a lot about interpretation and inferences that a visa offer draws when she/he evaluates an application, I think it won't harm to re-apply.

Now, one thing, I wanted to check, in your case have you come across, any approvals, after say 2-3 rejections. Especially in case types such as mine. I know for example that for a student visa, things do work out fairly quickly. Thank you so much for your time and energy for helping me out.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sounds good! Yes, this is what I too am leaning towards as well. Idea is to present a cohesive story and then present the case again. Now, since it is a lot about interpretation and inferences that a visa offer draws when she/he evaluates an application, I think it won't harm to re-apply.

Now, one thing, I wanted to check, in your case have you come across, any approvals, after say 2-3 rejections. Especially in case types such as mine. I know for example that for a student visa, things do work out fairly quickly. Thank you so much for your time and energy for helping me out.

Thank you!
I'm not sure I understand your question. Some people are certainly successful at getting an approval after 2-3 rejections. I have no idea if their cases are similar to yours.

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
I'm not sure I understand your question. Some people are certainly successful at getting approval after 2-3 rejections. I have no idea if their cases are similar to yours.
That is helpful, I meant, case type such as visitor visa for family relatives, who are in aged age group and that do not have visibly strong visitor visa application profile. If I do not put these conditions, then I am aware that it is easy to get approval after 1-2 rejections, the key reason being there are more changes to the application profiles for candidates unlike in the case of my maternal aunt. In her case, her situation will remain the same.

In my limited knowledge, I think the only thing we can maybe do is to put them into the right light and point out how her social ties are stronger enough to force her to come back to her home country. I may be wrong here though. Thank you again!

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
If the home ties were not fully established and evidenced in the first refusal, and a second application can, then the timing for resubmission is not an issue. A third submission, following closely from the first 2 refusals, would raise questions on desperation.

Reactions: cansha

gopaldutt

Feb 16, 2013
Thank you all who helped me with your suggestions. We have got the GMC notes and it as mentioned that, it her reasons for leaving Canada were not mentioned clearly. I know it is a very broad question, but I wanted to see if doing an application this time by on our own is better or do we go by any immigration lawyer. My reason is that, they might have seen a lot of these scenarios and could help me more. But also on the other side, not all immigration agencies are good enough. Any ideas? Please help. Thank you!