+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejected for my wife and kid

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Hello friends

I landed Canada as PR in 2010 and went back to India in 2012 for my wedding and spent about 2.5 years in India and returned to Canada 2 months before.I wanted to bring my wife and 1 year old kid to Canada as Visitor as providing them PR sponsorship takes more than an year and i cant wait so long..I did some research on the requirements for visitor Visa and applied it last saturday and unfortunately it was refused in 3 days.

Below are the reasons for rejection

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1.Your travel history (My Wife never traveled out of country before )
2.Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (i think its because i am being spouse holding PR)
3.Purpose of visit (I said that she will stay here for 5 months from Dec to Apr and she will be returning to work in India in May)

Below are the documents i submitted
1.Financial proofs : my wife's investments,her bank statements in india,my bank statements in India and Canada,my canadian pay stubs
2.Employment letter : She was working as teacher untill Dec 2012 and she took a long unpaid maternity leave since then and she will resume her work from May 2015 along with my son as its a play school.Hence i submitted her offer letter she got in 2012
3.Invitation letter with proofs of enough funds in Canada
4.Purpose of visit : Unfortunately my wife lost her brother in an accident few months before and I said that she would like to forget the tragedy and it will be a good change for her to stay away from her hometown for few months and she wanted to spend her winter in Canada as she never saw snow before.
5.Travel Itinerary
6.Marriage certificate,wedding invitation and photos
7.Passport copies and all required applications

I am so confused now and dont know what other evidence i could provide for reapplying the visa and make it more stronger.I need your suggestions and expertise on this..Please help me guiding on this folks and suggest what other evidence i could provide??

Or is it Ok to say that " i am aware that my wife and kid are eligible for PR sponsorship,but given the fact that sponsorship takes 15 months,i need a quick way to get them here as my wife and kid cannot afford to stay there with out me for such a long period and i will miss the ideal parenthood age and my son could even forget my face if he is not seeing me for 15 months"

Please advise folks! I am sooooo confused on what to do next

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's unlikely the visitor visa will be approved since CIC knows/suspects they have plans to remain in Canada long term. You can certainly apply again, however don't be surprised if they're refused again.

You should submit the PR sponsorship application as soon as you can.

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Thanks Scylla for your inputs

Does it mean the spouse of a PR or canadian citizen will never get a visitor visa?I can see the family sponsorship timelines as 15 months..Do they expedite the process as my one year old son and wife are away from me?

I cannot wait for 15 months as i certainly want to be with my kid during this time..Please advise folks..very confused at this stage..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sometimes CIC will grant a visitor visa - but it tends to be difficult because visitor visas are meant for people who are coming to Canada temporarily as tourists.

CIC will not expedite your application because your wife and son are away from you.

However the 15 month processing time is not how long the process takes for everyone. Most applications take less than 15 months to process - some take quite a bit less than 15 months.

Again, I would recommend you submit the PR sponsorship application as soon as possible. If you have questions about the processing times or forms, join the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Thanks scylla..

Folks,Just my thought..may be a stupid idea..is it worth applying for PR for spouse and kid,wait for the file no and then reapply visitor visa stating that i have applied for PR and this is the file no,but the process takes an year and my dependent wife and kid cant stay so long and need a TRV for bringing them in to the country quickly?..

Please suggest

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Any suggestions please..

Is it worth getting some consultation from immigration attorneys? They charge anywhere from $100 to $200 for a single consultation and some of my friends are suggesting its a waste of money to consult for Visitor Visa..

Please help me friends..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applying with the help of a lawyer won't increase your chances of being approved. I think it's a complete waste of money.

If you apply for PR and then apply for a TRV again - the TRV will most likely still be refused. But you can certainly try.

Again, I would focus on submitting the PR application as soon as you can.