+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa refused twice

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear friends, I would highly appreciate if you can provide some information on below questions:
1. Temporary resident visa (TRV) related:
a) Do I need to buy air ticket (including return ticket) at the time of applying for TRV?
b) While boarding in the plane do airline /immigration want to see return air ticket? I read some forum mentioning about that but I want to make sure.
c) At Port of entry (POE) in Canada do they want to see return ticket?

2. Open work permit (OWP) related:
a) My spouse is doing PhD in Canada. I am residing in different country. Can I apply for OWP from outside Canada? How?
b) I am also planning to apply for Express entry. Should I apply it before submitting PR application or after? Why?

sumanakodaru

Dec 21, 2022
Hi

I have applied for a visitor visa twice and got rejection both times. Refusal letter indicate few points as below.

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada. I have reviewed your temporary resident visa (visitor visa) application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a visitor visa (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Will some one able to assist me pls.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I have applied for a visitor visa twice and got rejection both times. Refusal letter indicate few points as below.

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada. I have reviewed your temporary resident visa (visitor visa) application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a visitor visa (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Will some one able to assist me pls.
Why do you want to visit? How long? Age? Do you have family in Canada? Ties to home country?

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Hi all, my parents visa was refused twice and now I am unsure what to do. Their first application was for supervisa which they refused for lack of insurance and finances etc which they never asked us for in the first place. Now they have refused a tourist visa saying that they don't believe they will leave Canada at the end of their stay, they don't have finances and they have significant family ties in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, my parents visa was refused twice and now I am unsure what to do. Their first application was for supervisa which they refused for lack of insurance and finances etc which they never asked us for in the first place. Now they have refused a tourist visa saying that they don't believe they will leave Canada at the end of their stay, they don't have finances and they have significant family ties in Canada.
Do you meet LICO and willing to purchase medical insurance for a year? If so they may want to apply again for a supervisa. Seems they don’t have their own funds.

sumanakodaru

Dec 21, 2022
Why do you want to visit? How long? Age? Do you have family in Canada? Ties to home country?
To Visit my spouse who is working in canada as a TRV and i need to unite with him. 5 months, 30, Yes i have 11 months kid with me and he is not travelling currently and i will go back to take care of him

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To Visit my spouse who is working in canada as a TRV and i need to unite with him. 5 months, 30, Yes i have 11 months kid with me and he is not travelling currently and i will go back to take care of him
So a 5 month visit is way too long. You should have showed a 2-3 week visit. 5 months seems like you are not going to return and you are leaving your child for a long time. What is his job in Canada? Did you show employment letters with approved leave for 5 months? You need ties to return that are work/investment/property related too.

sumanakodaru

Dec 21, 2022
So a 5 month visit is way too long. You should have showed a 2-3 week visit. 5 months seems like you are not going to return and you are leaving your child for a long time. What is his job in Canada? Did you show employment letters with approved leave for 5 months? You need ties to return that are work/investment/property related too.
I do not have any job currently. I have properties in India

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do not have any job currently. I have properties in India
So you may want to order GCMS notes and find out reasons. If you applied with little time between applications then you may want to wait some time. Another application submitted so quickly and without addressing reasons for refusal will look suspicious. How long is your husband's work permit valid for? What is his job in Canada? If skilled why not SOWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is LICO? They have enough funds, and so do I.
For a supervisa, you need to meet LICO (low income cut off) for the number of people in your family for your mother to be eligible for a supervisa. Your NOA will state your income and their are online charts to check LICO.

sumanakodaru

Dec 21, 2022
So you may want to order GCMS notes and find out reasons. If you applied with little time between applications then you may want to wait some time. Another application submitted so quickly and without addressing reasons for refusal will look suspicious. How long is your husband's work permit valid for? What is his job in Canada? If skilled why not SOWP.
My husband work permit valid till end of dec'23 and he is working as a service delivery manager in alberta and his company is processing only visitor visa as of now. Is there any alternate that i can get a different visa like open work permit or any other if he can apply there on his own.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband work permit valid till end of dec'23 and he is working as a service delivery manager in alberta and his company is processing only visitor visa as of now. Is there any alternate that i can get a different visa like open work permit or any other if he can apply there on his own.
His company doesn’t process your visa. What is his NOC/TEER? If skilled, you can apply for open work permit. You need an employment letter, pay stubs and proof of funds.

sumanakodaru

Dec 21, 2022
His company doesn’t process your visa. What is his NOC/TEER? If skilled, you can apply for open work permit. You need an employment letter, pay stubs and proof of funds.
Job Title: Technical Lead - Service Delivery, NOC #2171
Duration: Twenty-Four (24) Months

Employement letter, Pay stubs & Proof of funds - My husband documents correct? Proof of funds is like last 4-5 account statements is it fine?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Job Title: Technical Lead - Service Delivery, NOC #2171
Duration: Twenty-Four (24) Months

Employement letter, Pay stubs & Proof of funds - My husband documents correct? Proof of funds is like last 4-5 account statements is it fine?
Yes, your husband’s documents and bank statements. You should have applied for this in the first place given your two refusals and wanting to “visit” for at least 5 months.