Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I applied on April 12.for multiplay entry visas in Seattle.They did not send me their answer yet.So i emailed them and they send me aneswer today.I dont know how long should I wait :eek:

Dear Mr

Your Seattle file number is #.........

Your application is currently undergoing background verification. We are not able to offer you a specific date for finalization.
If you need your passport returned to you before the background check is complete and a decision reached on your application then you may withdraw your application.

If international travel is urgently necessary, you have the option of seeking a Canadian visa or permit abroad at another Canadian Immigration Office.

The Canadian Consulate General Seattle only returns documents to Canada via US Postal Service first class mail and FedEx courier service. If a FedEx return envelope was not included with the original application, a FedEx account number can be obtained by visiting: https://www.fedex.com/ca_english/OADR/index.html. Once the Canadian Consulate General Seattle is notified of a FedEx account number, this office will return the necessary documents via courier.

The Consulate General Seattle can return passports to applicants after they fax our office a signed, withdrawal letter. However, this action will close your file and the application fee is not refunded.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General, Seattle
1501 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle WA 98101
Fax: 206.441.7838
E-mail: Seattle-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Web site: http://www.seattle.gc.ca

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
Can you share little more info about your application/background?

Your country of citizenship = ?
your country of residence = ?
profession/employment = ?

I am trying to understand why they are doing background verification for you? Are they doing this for select applicants or just doing it for all applicants?

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
The CIC link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp) says 14 days processing time for TRV.

Seattle Consulate link (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#PROCESSING) says as below.

"PROCESSING TIMES

Please refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for processing times. Most applications are processed within 1 - 28 days.Mail-in applications will face longer processing times than in-person applications."

Purkoni

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011 to Seattle,WA
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Still no news.It is almost 40.days since applied and no answer. :'(

Jul 27, 2012
Very disappointed with the service (lack of) offered by the Canadian Consulate in Seattle. Bureaucrats and their stupid and inflexible rules have made a common man's life miserable. First they take your passport with the application and lock it I'll the visa is processed- which now a days can easily take upto 44 days. They I'll not see u in person , or respond over the phone, no expedited service, no customer service UNLESS u are a Canadian. Seriously??!! What is one expected to do in case of an emergency? Nothing,,just withdraw your application, and they keep the exorbitant application fee they collect with the application. I for one, am no longer spending my tourist $$$ on Canada anymore,,,thanks to the Canadian consulate in Seattle.