+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa processing time in Seattle Consulate

sk_my_name

Apr 14, 2011
Hi,
I've applied for Canadian visitor visa at Seattle office. I've sent mail-in application and it was received by consulate office. Its been 30 days, I haven't heard anything about my application status for my email to consulate office. I'm not sure how long its going to take to approve/reject my application. since I've sent the application along with my Indian passport, I'm kind of worried since its taking longer.

does anyone know the processing time for Seattle office or any other locations normal processing time? looking forward to see some response.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle - 14 days. How are they sending your passport back to you?

sk_my_name said:
Hi,
I've applied for Canadian visitor visa at Seattle office. I've sent mail-in application and it was received by consulate office. Its been 30 days, I haven't heard anything about my application status for my email to consulate office. I'm not sure how long its going to take to approve/reject my application. since I've sent the application along with my Indian passport, I'm kind of worried since its taking longer.

does anyone know the processing time for Seattle office or any other locations normal processing time? looking forward to see some response.

Thanks

sk_my_name

Apr 14, 2011
Seattle - 14 days!!!? well, I haven't received anything. I've attached USPS express mail self addressed envelop in the mail-in appln. I'm trying to track it at USPS site but there is no entry, so my guess is my appln is just stuck at Seattle consulate. is there a way I can contact them? when I check the Seattle consulate site, they mentioned no incoming phone calls answered. So email is the last option which I already did. not sure if I can visit the office on working day and ask for status. I guess this is not an good option.. I dont know what to do next...

sk_my_name

Apr 14, 2011
No, I didn't hear from Seattle consulate. I've sent email asking for status not sure if I'll get response since I don't know client id or file number. When I filled the application online and printed them, it didn't show any client id or file number. Just waiting for some reply from consulate. I'm worried and now I kind of regret myself applying through mail, I should have gone for direct visa interview.

did anyone experience the same problem and later it was resolved? just wanted to know how long it took.

SSuresh

Apr 18, 2011
Hi sk / curious,

Please post once you hear back from the consulate. I sent out my transit visa application couple of weeks back to Seattle and have not heard from them yet. I am just transiting through Toronto on my way back from Europe and it would be a shame if I had to postpone my trip because of any delay at Canadian consulate.

Btw does anyone know if we can go and collect the passport and other documents in person even if the application was sent through mail?

Your response is much appreciated..
Thanks!

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
any luck sk_my_name ? i sent my application to buffalo office on the 17th march (41 days as of today) and no response.

sk_my_name

Apr 14, 2011
My wife received passport with visa stamped for 8 months. but I didn't receive my passport. its weird..I'm going to email or fax consulate office asking for my visa status.

HELLO28

Apr 13, 2011
HI FASTIAN! ANY NEWS ABOUT YOUR MAIL IN APPLICATION IN BUFFALO? HOW DID YOU SEND IT? VIA FORT ERIE?

fastian

Dec 22, 2008
Hi,

The only good news is that replied back saying my passport was send on the 26th April via regularpost and its 3rd May now havent received anything. I dont know if it is sent using Canadapost(Fort Erie) or US post. im getting worried now. What about you guys?

HELLO28

Apr 13, 2011
HI FASTIAN! WHEN YOU SEND YOUR MAIL IN APPLICATION LAST MARCH HOW DID YOU SEND IT? BY CANADA POST (EXPRESSPOST NATIONAL) WHICH IS VIA FORT ERIE OR BY COMMERCIAL COURIER (FED EX, DHL, UPS ETC.) DIRECT TO BUFFFALO? THANKS.