+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa parents - Whose account?

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Greetings!

I am trying to apply for my parent's visitor visa to Canada. I have created their application from my cic account and I am here in Canada. I will be their representative and will provide a letter as well. When I am filling out the application in step 1 I see the below message
"You must be logged into your own account to submit an application. You cannot use another person's account."

Can I submit the application from my cic account? or will they need to create an account in their name and submit the application from India?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Greetings!

I am trying to apply for my parent's visitor visa to Canada. I have created their application from my cic account and I am here in Canada. I will be their representative and will provide a letter as well. When I am filling out the application in step 1 I see the below message
"You must be logged into your own account to submit an application. You cannot use another person's account."

Can I submit the application from my cic account? or will they need to create an account in their name and submit the application from India?

Thanks!
Create their own account. You can fill it out and have you sign off and act as their representative. It is processed from India because they are not in Canada.

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Create their own account. You can fill it out and have you sign off and act as their representative. It is processed from India because they are not in Canada.
Thanks! So basically you are saying. I can fill and upload all the forms and documents, but let them log into the account from India and hit the final submit button.