+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa not processed even after processing time

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fazlook said:
I sent that back in the days yes. Should I send a new one ? CIC started processing files received before Nov 14th online last week. Could be why ? I sent mine Nov 9th.
Processing does not follow a 'First In First Out' system. Delays could be due to several reasons. That's why some applications that were submitted more recently could get decisions faster.

Did you send the CSE after the processing time had crossed the time stated on the IRCC website?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Bryanna said:
Processing does not follow a 'First In First Out' system. Delays could be due to several reasons. That's why some applications that were submitted more recently could get decisions faster.

Did you send the CSE after the processing time had crossed the time stated on the IRCC website?
Yes I did and here is the reply on Dec 14th 2016 (BTW I applied in Lebanon but they transferred to Turkey and Turkey processing time is 5 days)

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.
Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file.
Rest assured, as soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.
We do understand the situation but kindly request your patience in this matter.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards

Immigration Section | Section de visa

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada
Cinnah Caddesi 58, 06690, Çankaya, Ankara
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Should I send another request ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fazlook said:
Yes I did and here is the reply (BTW I applied in Lebanon but they transferred to Turkey and Turkey processing time is 5 days)

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.
Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file.
Rest assured, as soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.
Kind regards

Should I send another request ?
It sounds like IRCC could be conducting background checks. Or perhaps IRCC has sought clarifications/some information from external agencies (could be anything from an employer to bank statement verification or something else).

Does your brother have any previous travel history or visa refusals? Or has he lived/worked in another country? If yes, then to which countries?

You could send another CSE. But I think you may get a similar response from IRCC

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Bryanna said:
It sounds like IRCC could be conducting background checks. Or perhaps IRCC has sought clarifications/some information from external agencies (could be anything from an employer to bank statement verification or something else).

Does your brother have any previous travel history or visa refusals? Or has he lived/worked in another country? If yes, then to which countries?

You could send another CSE. But I think you may get a similar response from IRCC
No travel history. Yes refused him once in 2014 when he was a student and 0$ in his bank. Now he has a full time job and almost 12k USD in his account

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Same response today:

Dear Applicant

Kind regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There are guys who have been waiting since August for TRV decisions (background check cases). So don't lose hope. IRCC will give a decision soon.

Hope your brother has shown other strong ties apart from his employment and bank balance. Else, you can still send any vital documents through a CSE for consideration

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Bryanna said:
There are guys who have been waiting since August for TRV decisions (background check cases). So don't lose hope. IRCC will give a decision soon.

Hope your brother has shown other strong ties apart from his employment and bank balance. Else, you can still send any vital documents through a CSE for consideration
Thank you for your help. I really don't know what else should I include. I have been very honest in my application. He does not own any assets. I did send him an invitation letter but that's not considered as a tie I guess.

They accepted my sister/ father/mother on 5 years visa last year. They all came and left. Would that help ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@fazlook

They accepted my sister/ father/mother on 5 years visa last year. They all came and left. Would that help ?
Your sister/father/mother were granted TRVs based on their individual assessments. So, no, it will not help in your brother's case.

If your parents and sister are dependent on your brother (financially or for their well being) + he can submit evidence for this (for example, he pays the rent or utility bills or their medical insurance, etc).... then yes, it would be a reason/tie to return to his home country.

Or if your brother has taken a loan (and has paid back some of it).... or he has property/land/rental agreement then that is another tie

Gur-s

Dec 21, 2016
@Bryanna
Status for my application is changed finally.
Now it says that your processed passport has been dispatched from canada visa centre to canada visa application centre.
I will receive my passport tomorrow ?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Bryanna said:
@ fazlook
Your sister/father/mother were granted TRVs based on their individual assessments. So, no, it will not help in your brother's case.

If your parents and sister are dependent on your brother (financially or for their well being) + he can submit evidence for this (for example, he pays the rent or utility bills or their medical insurance, etc).... then yes, it would be a reason/tie to return to his home country.

Or if your brother has taken a loan (and has paid back some of it).... or he has property/land/rental agreement then that is another tie

He does pay the water and hydro :( but did not submit any evidence. I did not know. Is it too late to submit something like that now ?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Bryanna said:
@ fazlook

So if I get this paper tomorrow , the loan paper, would it help, he does have a loan. How do I send it ? Thank you