+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa not processed even after processing time

Gur-s

Dec 21, 2016
Hi!
I applied for trv on 23rd of november in vfs chandigarh.
And i checked my profile and it says that your passport is being processed at canada visa centre,chandigarh.
Any help?
I've visited several countries before. and im really tensed
Thanks !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
visa_logic said:
donot worry . You are going to get information within 1-3 days. Please track your status on 22/12/2016 .
Unless you're gazing into a crystal ball, wonder how you can predict this :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gur-s said:
Hi!
And i checked my profile and it says that your passport is being processed at canada visa centre,chandigarh.
Any help?
Thanks !
Processing times posted on the IRCC website are only estimates/averages of processing time taken for 80% of the applications.

Actual processing time can be faster/take longer than the posted processing times.

Hope you get a decision soon :)

Gur-s

Dec 21, 2016
Bryanna said:
Processing times posted on the IRCC website are only estimates/averages of processing time taken for 80% of the applications.

Actual processing time can be faster/take longer than the posted processing times.

Hope you get a decision soon :)
Thanks for replying :)
and yeah i can wait theres nothing i can do other than that lol
Btw I've heard that sometimes people get there passport while the vfs webstie still showing under process. Something like that happens ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gur-s said:
Thanks for replying :)
and yeah i can wait theres nothing i can do other than that lol
Btw I've heard that sometimes people get there passport while the vfs webstie still showing under process. Something like that happens ?
If you want more accurate updates, you can try linking your paper application to your online account by:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Do note that once you link your application, you will no longer receive any updates by email. You will only get updates in your MyCIC account

Gur-s

Dec 21, 2016
Bryanna said:
If you want more accurate updates, you can try linking your paper application to your online account by:

Do note that once you link your application, you will no longer receive any updates by email. You will only get updates in your MyCIC account
Probably i will wait for somedays and ill let you what happens.
Thanks tho

visa_logic

Dec 21, 2016
i applied for TRV on 22 Nov and got status change on 21/12 . Today received this message Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 22/12/2016 vide courier partner . That why ?

Gur-s

Dec 21, 2016
Gur-s said:
Hi!
Any help?
Thanks !
Your passport has been dispatched and you can collect it .
Update us whenever you get your passport
Best of luck!

Dhillon870

Dec 18, 2016
Hi, Me and my husband applied on 23rd nov. for TRV at vfs Chandigarh. But the status still shows that the file is being processed. Actually my marriage date is 19th may 2016. And we wants something different to enjoy our first new year together even i mentioned that we want to celebrate new year overthere but hopeless... I am a college lecturer and my hysband is a co owner of his father's dairy farm. We didn't travel anywhere but we have shown property of 1 and crore, ITRS of both,FDR of 12 lacs in joint account and so on. :( PLZ HELP WHAT TO DO NOW? Is there any hope still or not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dhillon870 said:
Hi, Me and my husband applied on 23rd nov. for TRV at vfs Chandigarh. But the status still shows that the file is being processed. Actually my marriage date is 19th may 2016. And we wants something different to enjoy our first new year together even i mentioned that we want to celebrate new year overthere but hopeless... I am a college lecturer and my hysband is a co owner of his father's dairy farm. We didn't travel anywhere but we have shown property of 1 and crore, ITRS of both,FDR of 12 lacs in joint account and so on. :( PLZ HELP WHAT TO DO NOW? Is there any hope still or not?
There's nothing you can do but to wait for a decision. As there are holidays presently, your TRV decision may be a bit delayed

All the best :)

visa_logic

Dec 21, 2016
Dhillon870 said:
My TRV approved . i applied on 22 Nov at VFS,Jalandhar and received passport on 24th Dec 16 . you are going to get TRV .This is my assessment .
Best of Luck

Dhillon870

Dec 18, 2016
Bryanna said:
There's nothing you can do but to wait for a decision. As there are holidays presently, your TRV decision may be a bit delayed

All the best :)
Thanks... But is there any hope for positive result now as the new year is going to over soon...? And how many holidays are there in embassy?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dhillon870 said:
Thanks... But is there any hope for positive result now as the new year is going to over soon...? And how many holidays are there in embassy?
It's possible that the consulate/visa office has fewer staff during these holidays. Hence, decisions may get delayed.

Also, do factor in the holidays for VFS/VAC:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/public_holidays.html