+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I just got my bio validity letter and passport request.

Applied from USA.
Submission: 14th May
Biometrics request: 15th May
Biometrics submission: July 1st
Wife's BVL & PPR: July 11th and 12th
My BVL & PPR: Aug 4th (14 minutes apart)

Lastly, I should also mention that I submitted a bank account statement via a webform on Aug 3rd, very unlikely that it may have made a difference
Congrats, man! That's great news!

Reactions: bagatov

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi! My brother applied from UAE on May 27th, Biometrics was completed on June 1st; Eligibility review is still in progress. Any applicants here from UAE with similar timelines, please?

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Hi! My brother applied from UAE on May 27th, Biometrics was completed on June 1st; Eligibility review is still in progress. Any applicants here from UAE with similar timelines, please?
Yeah, there is a whole thread for UAE applicants.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/united-arab-emirates-dubai-abudhabi-applicants.769512/page-12

Sadly, not many have gotten their visas yet. We applied in April 2022 and have heard nothing yet.

Reactions: newimmigrantionc

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Hi
I need to put my mothers visit visa application from India. Reason - to help my sister during pregnancy and my sister is on PR there. My mom is house wife and father is retired. I am working in india and own house on my name. Can I sponsor my mother as she does not have savings on her name? Do I transfer money to her account or I need to show my bank statements and ITR?

Also, some people say preganancy is not good reason to get visa, its better to mention visiting to see my daughter. Is it correct? Could you please help?

Thanks

Sumitkumarr1

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I got my mother's visa approval and request for PP submission.. However, my sister's visa got declined.

Reason
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I submitted an employer letter of leave approval and when she has to join back, the bank account statement and invitation letter still declined. Is there any other doc which I should provide?

application done online on May 06th.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I got my mother's visa approval and request for PP submission.. However, my sister's visa got declined.

Reason
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I submitted an employer letter of leave approval and when she has to join back, the bank account statement and invitation letter still declined. Is there any other doc which I should provide?

application done online on May 06th.
How old is your sister? Length of visit? Her own funds shown? Does she have travel history? Being single, she cannot show any family ties to her home country.

ankita.a42

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Hi ,
applied for visit visa for my spouse to attend my brothers convocation.no update yet!applied on match 29,2022 from Abudhabi.

Any idea about the time line ?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi ,
applied for visit visa for my spouse to attend my brothers convocation.no update yet!applied on match 29,2022 from Abudhabi.

Any idea about the time line ?
Most probably won't get it, if you (the spouse) are in Canada, and inviting your spouse to attend (just about anything), the strongest tie is a spouse. Visa officer has no reason to believe your spouse will go back leaving their spouse.