+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Bryanna said:
You can write a joint Invitation Letter.... you should include details about yourself and your spouse (as stated in the CIC link) + provide the necessary supporting documents
Right, But I was thinking to write the invitation letter on my own addressed to high commision and write a separate letter from both of us addressed to my parents saying we look forward to their visit and such (informal letter); and they can use submit that letter with the application too? Does this make sense? Having 2 letters? What you think.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
DelhiGuy said:
Right, But I was thinking to write the invitation letter on my own addressed to high commision and write a separate letter from both of us addressed to my parents saying we look forward to their visit and such (informal letter); and they can use submit that letter with the application too? Does this make sense? Having 2 letters? What you think.
Why two letters? The visa office needs to know that you have invited your parents. Any letter you write to your parents is of a personal nature.

I would only write a letter addressed to the visa officer.... incorporating the suggestions stated in the CIC link

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Bryanna said:
Why two letters? The visa office needs to know that you have invited your parents. Any letter you write to your parents is of a personal nature.

I would only write a letter addressed to the visa officer.... incorporating the suggestions stated in the CIC link
Yeah, I think you are right, now that I think about it, it probably doesn't make sense to have 2 letter, so in the 1 letter addressed to visa officer, I will include both of our details and provide her supporting documents too, her passport and such. Great, thank you for discussing this with me.

DelhiGuy

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Hello there again,

I think I'm back with one last question. I was going to scan and email everything to my family including the invitation letter.. is scans okay and they can print and attach to the file ? Or I should do physical mail so that they can attach the original invitation letter? Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It's not necessary to physically mail the Invitation Letter. You can sign it (scan your signature as a JPEG) and email the PDF version to your parents. Same for the other supporting documents

Cheers

gp88

Jun 17, 2013
Hello Frd I applied for my mom to visit us to see my new born baby.after one month I'll check the status and they changed.your passport dispatched via courier partner,can u plz tell me some one what is this??? They stamped the visa or what can someone tell me plz thank you