+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents please help

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I am being ignorant about any rules.

I recently graduated and have started working at a renowned company in Montreal - it has been less than a month since I have started working, I make $85k per annually.

I am applying visitor visa for my parents, they intend to stay for a month in Montreal, I have an extra room in the house I currently stay.

My father runs a partnership business in India
1. I have his business statement (company statement)
2. Company IT returns, PAN, GST
3. Letter from partner that he will be able to handle the business in his absence
4. His personal IT returns and my mom's returns
5. I have realtor verified property assessment for 2 houses worth 1cr
6. Documentation on vehicles owned by my father

Since my father runs a business he never has a stable amount as minimum balance in his bank account money keeps moving around - minimum balance has been less than 10 thousand INR sometimes, and other time has has 15 lakhs INR balance for a few days.

My question is for proof of funds is it required to follow Low income cut off (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver/financial-ability.html) and at least show 3000$ balance for 4 consecutive months? Or can I go ahead and apply based on assets and my employment?

If my father needs to show continuous balance of 3000$ for 4 months in his bank account, this will delay my application for 4 months.

Please advise. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I am being ignorant about any rules.

I recently graduated and have started working at a renowned company in Montreal - it has been less than a month since I have started working, I make $85k per annually.

I am applying visitor visa for my parents, they intend to stay for a month in Montreal, I have an extra room in the house I currently stay.

My father runs a partnership business in India
1. I have his business statement (company statement)
2. Company IT returns, PAN, GST
3. Letter from partner that he will be able to handle the business in his absence
4. His personal IT returns and my mom's returns
5. I have realtor verified property assessment for 2 houses worth 1cr
6. Documentation on vehicles owned by my father

Since my father runs a business he never has a stable amount as minimum balance in his bank account money keeps moving around - minimum balance has been less than 10 thousand INR sometimes, and other time has has 15 lakhs INR balance for a few days.

My question is for proof of funds is it required to follow Low income cut off (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver/financial-ability.html) and at least show 3000$ balance for 4 consecutive months? Or can I go ahead and apply based on assets and my employment?

If my father needs to show continuous balance of 3000$ for 4 months in his bank account, this will delay my application for 4 months.

Please advise. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance.
There is no requirement to show funds to meet the low income cut off or to show a continuous balance. However if the applicant has a low balance, this can be a reason for refusal. IRCC prefers it if the applicant shows they have sufficient funds to pay for their trip. The bank account your father shows should be his personal bank account, not a company / business bank account. If your father's funds are low, then you can certainly provide your bank statement and indicate that you will support his trip. It will be up to IRCC if they accep this or not. How long a trip is he requesting?

I wouldn't bother with the documents that prove vehicle ownership. This is really of no value to IRCC or the application.

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
Thank you for the answering my questions, I am looking a requesting for 1 month.
What would be the suggested balance that he should maintain in his bank account and for what duration would this be preferable?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the answering my questions, I am looking a requesting for 1 month.
What would be the suggested balance that he should maintain in his bank account and for what duration would this be preferable?
There's no specific duration.

If he's coming for a month, then a balance of at least $5K would be preferable, but higher ($10K+) would be much better.

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
I would suggest u reduce the duration of the stay to 3 weeks or 2 weeks (for application purposes) and show ample funds in his account to fund his trip along with your mother

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
I can reduce the duration of the stay, but I am just confused about the duration I need to show funds in a account.
For example, he has always used his company's account for his personal expenses as well. So, there has been minimal activity in his personal account.
If he deposits 5000$ to his personal bank account today, how long do I need to wait until I declare this as funds for the trip?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
I can reduce the duration of the stay, but I am just confused about the duration I need to show funds in a account.
For example, he has always used his company's account for his personal expenses as well. So, there has been minimal activity in his personal account.
If he deposits 5000$ to his personal bank account today, how long do I need to wait until I declare this as funds for the trip?
sudden large deposits do not have favourable outcomes in my opinion
I suggest one should maintain that amount for atleast 3 months in the last 6 months statement
it's just my view... not sure what is the optimum time
does ur mother have any funds in her account that would help??
also funds are just one part of the applicant's profile... there are other factors also which play a part in getting approved for TRVs
travel history to other countries like US & UK
valid visas etc
ties to the home country (this is certainly most important in case parents are visiting their children in Canada who are well established here)
Good luck

Reactions: scylla

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Like I keep saying, this is situational. My mom in law got a 6 year multiple entry viss from Cuba after we demonstrated that she has a $12 per month retirement check. We didn't even bother to send her bank account balance which may have around $10 in it.

We, the sponsors have an income of 40k per year and we showed that to IRCC.
They know that no.one in Cuba has money - unless you are an army general or a Castro.

Two months start to finish to get the visa.