+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents Jan end & Feb 2022 applications - share your timelines and stay updated

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Applied for parents from Honduras

Application submitted: Feb 22, 2022
Biometrics request: Feb 23, 2022
Biometrics done: Mar 7, 2022

Christyodofin

Sep 18, 2018
I have a valid Study permit but my TRV Expired outside Canada:

Applied for Visitors Visa from Nigeria:

Application Submitted: January 13th, 2022
Biometrics (Already done in 2018): Updated since the 14th of January 2022

No update since then

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP

Submitted webform: Mar 11, 2022 (sent document of properties ownership)

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
Applied for my parents in India
Biometrics submitted at VFS on 7 Feb 2022
Absolutely no update after that. The IRCC portal says biometrics have not been received, so I am thinking the VFS office has not sent them over yet. Does anyone know if I missed a step here, is there anything else to be done after giving the biometrics to get the PPR?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Absolutely no update after that. The IRCC portal says biometrics have not been received, so I am thinking the VFS office has not sent them over yet. Does anyone know if I missed a step here, is there anything else to be done after giving the biometrics to get the PPR?
usually biometrics gets updated the very next day( our parents gave in india n was updated within 24hrs)… in your case since already a month has passed, contact vfs first and c if they have sent to ircc…if they confirm it, then try raising a webform to get it reflected in application… in short it won’t take this much time to appear

NitinJuyal

May 26, 2019
I had contacted VFS because the biometric for my mother was updated the very next day but not for my father. And VFS replied back that they did send my father's biometric to the High Commission and it is not updated at their end.

And this is to let everyone with this same issue know, that now I have met 2 Visitor Visa cases for parents where biometric for one of the parents was not showing or updated yet they got PPR. Its a technical glitch on IRCC portal.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP

Submitted webform: Mar 11, 2022 (sent document of properties ownership)
BVL: Mar 18, 2022

I received BVL today for both parents' visitor visa applications. What's the next step? How long does it usually take to get a response after BVL?

Last edited:

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
usually biometrics gets updated the very next day( our parents gave in india n was updated within 24hrs)… in your case since already a month has passed, contact vfs first and c if they have sent to ircc…if they confirm it, then try raising a webform to get it reflected in application… in short it won’t take this much time to appear
Thank you, I wrote to VFS now. I find this very strange that there is absolutely no update after receiving the acknowledgment and invoice that biometrics have been done. So do you think VFS messed up or is it a software issue somewhere? Thank you for the suggestion.

thor1977

Oct 21, 2021
I had contacted VFS because the biometric for my mother was updated the very next day but not for my father. And VFS replied back that they did send my father's biometric to the High Commission and it is not updated at their end.

And this is to let everyone with this same issue know, that now I have met 2 Visitor Visa cases for parents where biometric for one of the parents was not showing or updated yet they got PPR. Its a technical glitch on IRCC portal.
Thank you, in my case I entered the tracking id provided by VFS and it says no data found - and this happens for both my parents ids. I am really worried what's going on here. And ofcourse there is no PPR after more than a month.

$am

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Applied for my MIL common law partner

Submitted: February 3
Biometrics: February 7 (Same day update online)

No movement since then. Eligibility not yet reviewed.
Hi @dizden ,

Hope your application will be approved soon.

I want to invite my mother and her common law partner to visit me. They are living with each other since past 10 years. They have living relationship affidavit done since they started living together but that is in different language. I will notarized this affidavit in English.

I don’t know which documents do I need to prove their common law relationship in canada.
Can you please share which documents did you use for the application?

Mar 23, 2022
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)
Did you received your passport?

Mar 23, 2022
Online Application (new portal) for visit visa from India

Timeline:
Application Submitted - Feb 14
Biometric Validity Letter - Feb 15 ( since i hv biometric done for my prev work visa 3years back and still valid)
Original Passport Request - Feb 22
Passport Pickup - Feb 24
Passport at IRCC delhi - March 2

Its been 3 weeks and still not received the passport . No update from IRCC Delhi.

Reactions: 2cookies

Viki21a

Feb 4, 2021
Hi Guys,

I am on a temp resident on a work permit and trying to apply for my parents TRV. I got stuck at the very first question and was hoping to get some clarity.

* Why do you need a visa? (required)
To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dying
To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support
To attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
To join a vessel as a marine crew member
To take up a diplomatic posting in Canada
To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752To visit Canada as a tourist
To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or training
For a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment
To study without a permit for less than 6 monthsTo work without a permit
Not sure

The closest and best option in my opinion is "To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker" but that too seems wrong because I am not a dependent child.

Can someone please help me with what option did you guys use?